cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation, sim and phone number problem???

DavidKropinak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I reactivated my account and it said successful. I transfered my old number over and it was successful. Why is my phone still not working??? Yes i have private messaged the @CS_Agent and not a response yet. Ive also tried reseting the network settings and searching for mobile networks and choosing public mobile and restarting my phone. Nothing is working... Why??

8 REPLIES 8

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DavidKropinak wrote:

No the phone wasnt working before the phone number change. Thats why i changed it. And the fido account is not active.

You need active Provider's # to port in or will not works

It is definitely some sort of account issue.  The community can't really help with that.  The only thing left to do is to wait for the moderator team to process the private message. 

DavidKropinak

No the phone wasnt working before the phone number change. Thats why i changed it. And the fido account is not active.

@DavidKropinak wrote:

My account says active. Its been activated and the payment went through. And transfered my old number from fido

Was everything working before the number transfer?  Is the Fido service still active?  These can be indications of a stuck port that may be impacting the service. 

DavidKropinak

My account says active. Its been activated and the payment went through. And transfered my old number from fido

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DavidKropinak, what do you mean by reactivating an account?  Was it in suspended stated and you did a top up to restore the service?  This is fairly straightforward and should work fine.  Just check that the account is in active status.

On the number transfer, which carrier did you transfer from?  Number transfers can take up to about 2 hours to complete. 

If you have contacted the moderator team about any of these issues, their response time is in the order of approximately 48 hours.  Please do not send multiple messages for the same problem.  This will bog them down and protract the response time for everyone. 

DavidKropinak

Hour and a half ago i did it. It was out of service for about 3 months. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DavidKropinak wrote:

I reactivated my account and it said successful. I transfered my old number over and it was successful. Why is my phone still not working??? Yes i have private messaged the @CS_Agent and not a response yet. Ive also tried reseting the network settings and searching for mobile networks and choosing public mobile and restarting my phone. Nothing is working... Why??

Ok reactived old account, how long was it out of service?  Now you also ported a number into this account?  How long ago did you do all of this?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.