cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation problem

Amanda21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Entered SIM card, paid, chose a number. Now Eversafe says I have an account and sends the Verification code to the new number but I dont receive it!

11 REPLIES 11

thsolutions

Hi @Amanda21, it looks like you are using an Android and the Android Messages (text) app might be associated with the previous phone number you had on that phone. Check to see if your Chat Features (RCS) is enabled and if it's associated with the previous phone number turn off the chat features. I had issue when I had a new number and wasn't receiving texts and I had to turn off Chat features via the message app setting options and clear the cache and storage.

If you need step by step instruction, Google: How to turn off RCS chats.

Amanda21

Just tried this

Didnt work

How can i start a support ticket?

@Amanda21 wrote:

Screenshot_20230529-180257_Chrome.jpg

@Amanda21   you see the resend code.  You might clicking on that does not give you that option? did you try the workaround suggested by @hTideGnow  above?

Amanda21

Screenshot_20230529-180257_Chrome.jpg

HI @Amanda21 

try this trick suggested by CS agent:

Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

Amanda21

Screenshot_20230529-175733_Chrome.jpg

Amanda21

I dont see the options you see

Amanda21

Brand new number. 

There is no option to send to email. It only sends to phone 😞

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amanda21   

If you have completed the setup of EverSafe ID, you can ask the code to send to email instead

On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Amanda21   did you try to port the number? was the port done?

and you can have the code send to email.  When it tries to send to your phone, click Resend code and you have choice to send to email 

Need Help? Let's chat.