cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of SIM card

dmathieson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I am unale to activate my sim card. I was in the process of activating and the credit card was processing and everything disappeared.

Now it says invalid sim

please help me I also need to transfer my phone number from PC mobile

Thank you,

Diane Mathieson

12 REPLIES 12

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you make sure that the email address you used during activating your sim was the same as the one you used for self serve account?   

dmathieson

My self serve account doesn't exist...so weird that the card is charged but I can't get into the account. thanks for the heads up on the 48 hours I will refrain from sending more messages oops

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dmathieson wrote:

hello, I waited 24 hrs, and I have just checked my credit card and the monthly charge has gone through. I have tried clearing the cache, the history, and everything under the sun LOL I will try the moderators again...Thank you

@dmathieson we're customers like you.  We can only suggest things based on the details you provide.  

If you've already sent a message to the moderators, the response time is between several hours up to 48 hours.  It's not necessary to send multiple messages; they're going through the queue of messages.

If your card has been charged, what does your self-serve account say for Account Status?  Other than that, wait for the moderators to reply.   Have great Friday afternoon!

dmathieson

hello, I waited 24 hrs, and I have just checked my credit card and the monthly charge has gone through. I have tried clearing the cache, the history, and everything under the sun LOL I will try the moderators again...Thank you

@dmathieson wrote:

thank you but tried all of the suggestions nothing is working

Did you wait an hour and try again? If so, contact the moderator team then.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@dmathieson wrote:

Hello I am unale to activate my sim card. I was in the process of activating and the credit card was processing and everything disappeared.

Now it says invalid sim

Thank you,

Diane Mathieson

What did you mean:"everything disappeared."? You may clear browser cache first, then try using Incognito model. Make sure you fill Sim card number correctly.

dmathieson

thank you but tried all of the suggestions nothing is working

@dmathieson wrote:

No the card was not charged and treid inserting the SIM and it does not work

@dmathieson 

The sim card is probably temporarily "locked" in that session you no longer are in. Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

dmathieson

No the card was not charged and treid inserting the SIM and it does not work

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dmathieson wrote:

Now it says invalid sim

Thank you,

Diane Mathieson

Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dmathieson wrote:

Now it says invalid sim

Thank you,

Diane Mathieson

Your SIM card and line may have been activated.  To check....

Check your credit card to see if there is a pending charge.

Put the Public Mobile SIM card in your phone and see if you can make a call.

To port in a PC Mobile number, please contact the mods by clicking this link.

Also, when things like this occur during activation, double-check that autopay is turned ON (if you want to use it); sometimes it doesn't get turned on, even though you turned it on.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dmathieson wrote:

Now it says invalid sim

Thank you,

Diane Mathieson

@dmathieson  Was the payment method charged? If you put the sim card in the phone does it work?

Need Help? Let's chat.