cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issues

Joshbb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got an error while activating sim. Err 821. Cannot submit a ticket because I don’t have a PM phone number/account info/payment details required to be able to submit one.. because I haven’t activated an account. Tried on mobile, and get nowhere. Tried on desktop and says I need to enter a valid Canadian number when I put in the one I want to bring with me. 

Can anyone help, thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11

Joshbb

Yeah, I’m not sure if you can apply codes after activation for a time or if it has to be on activation. 

@Joshbb  oh @JPK222 is around?  i guess he offered you a code as well?

Joshbb

Activated but not ported. I know Smithers BC, where the number is from, is out in the middle of nowhere but it’s still comfortably within Canada.. I have some help from JPK222 on how to get the porting done. Cheers

@Joshbb  thanks for the update.  Yes, while most error 821 associated with porting, it also could be cc issue, and I guess you confirmed that.

So, you are not activated?  and porting completed?

Joshbb

- - - - Solution - - - - 

Turns out my CC declined the payment request, kinda my fault, I scanned my CC with my phone camera but it misread the expiry date and I didn’t notice. Frustrating that the form didn’t just tell me the payment was declined and start again or create an account where I could fix it without having to find a form to speak with an agent. I appreciate the help. 

Joshbb

Currently with Telus. 

Joshbb

Right. I put in the old provider acc. no. when I originally submitted the activation. No service with the new sim and no charge on my card. Thank you, I followed your very useful link to a message page, hopefully someone is able to rectify it or clarify what steps to take from here. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Joshbb  -

Check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

are you porting from Koodo?

If your switching from Koodo postpaid your can port-in your number during sim activation. Just have your Koodo account number, name on the Koodo account and Koodo number ready and enter it when choosing your number.

If it's Koodo prepaid then you can click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Customer Support Agent (CSA). Include the Koodo info above.

Joshbb

No payment showing on my card, I’ve tried going through Simon and just get kicked all over the site without a clear direction on how to submit a ticket. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Joshbb , please check your payment card to ensure that a payment has not been processed.  If there has not been a payment, then you can try the activation again in an hour as the SIM card might be session locked.  This time I suggest using incognito mode on the browser for best results.  In the event that you have been billed and have a partially completed activation and need to contact support, this link will allow you to private message them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Unveiling-our-exciting-support-enhancem...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joshbb 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  Pm might have charged you already.  

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed.  

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

but since you got the error "need to enter a valid Canadian number ", that likely means the first attempt of activation stuck already.  Please open ticket with PM support via direct message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.