cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation is Hanging! HELP!!!

martymendes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in the process of activating. All details are inputted. Step 1 and 2 got a green check and are fine, STEP 3 PLAN "LINKING PLAN TO ACCOUNT" is just spinning and spining and going nowhere for 10 mins now. What do I do? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@martymendes 

Let the system do its thing... it usually comes through without too much issue.  If it doesn't appear in a couple days, you can reach out to a Moderator (staff) and they'll take care of you.  If it gets to that point, it's best to go through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) so you can login and attach your account.  Otherwise, you can also message them directly here.

martymendes

Everything seems to be fine in my account. Only thing is I used a referral code and don't see the $10 I'm supposed to get. Does that normally get credited instantly or does it take a while?

BlueB

@martymendes 

Happy to hear it actually activated... (although too bad it had to give you such trouble!)

I'm going to recommend one thing further - sign up and log into My Account and double check the key items are correct, especially your Balance and Plan.  You want to make sure what you got charged is what you received, including any promos/data/etc are all there and accounted for:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Occasionally, these glitches also mean that an account isn't set up (provisioned) properly.  At that point, a Moderator (staff) needs to get involved to fix this for you.  Otherwise, if all looks well and your phone sends and receives data + calls + messages okay, then you're all set!

Welcome to Public Mobile!  🙂

martymendes

@BlueB You solved this one! Your unlikely scenario proved correct. The sim got activated even though the website got stuck on Step 3. Thank you, I'll click your post as having solved my problem. Thank you everyone!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@martymendes  did you pass the Credit Card screen on your first attempt?  If so, check to see if PM has already changed your credit card.  If so, then  PM might have already activated your account.    If PM has charged your credit card, try putting the SIM into the phone and see if it connects to PM network

BlueB

If it doesn't accept your SIM number, two things could have happened.

1. The SIM may actually have been activated... plug it into your phone - any luck?  (I realize this is unlikely, but you can't re-activate an activated SIM, so I thought to suggest it.  :))
  2. The system could be "locked" so wait an hour or so before retrying and that should correct the issue.

A third option is to try and see if a local retail outlet/dealer can help you activate if you need in-person support.

*** You have a referral code from a friend/family member, correct?  Using one will get you a $10 credit on activation!  🙂  If not, we're all users here and could provide you with one, although the referee gets a $1/month on their bill, so it's ideal if you can help a friend/family member you know with that savings!

@martymendes wrote:

Now, in incognito mode, when I enter the sim number it doesn't accept it and says to enter a valid sim number.

It looks like the SIM number has been session locked to the previous session.  You will need to try again in an hour.  

martymendes

Now, in incognito mode, when I enter the sim number it doesn't accept it and says to enter a valid sim number.

BlueB

@martymendes 

I would follow @will13am's suggestion of clearing your browser cache and try again.  If you have any plugins (eg. ad blockers), they can sometimes interfere with the process.  A Private/Incognito session or different browser may help solve your problem.

If it still doesn't work, try again later... Public Mobile's systems occasionally glitch with issues.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@martymendes , please clear browser cache and try again.  Alternatively, use incognito mode which seems to be a little more resilient.  

Need Help? Let's chat.