cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation has stalled on step 3 linking plan

Bronco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Everything went perfectly and now it has been spinning for 30 minutes on link plan
17 REPLIES 17

@Bronco 

Before you start activating your sim cards get yourself a tasty beverage, a pen and paper and situate yourself in a quiet place with no distractions. Prepare the device you will use for the activations.

1. Clear your browser and cookies.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode.
  4. Use firefox, chrome or safari as they work best.

Write down each separate email address, password, pin # and security question and answer as you activate each sim card. Take a picture of each sim card to enlarge the number for imputting at activation and for record keeping. Put all of this information in a safe and secure place for future reference if needed.

If you are porting in a number upon activation keep in mind pc mobility and koodo prepaid accounts require you to take a temporary pm number and contact the moderators after activating your service to finish the number transfer for you.

All other providers can be ported in upon activation or you can activate the sim card with a temporary number and ensure all the pm services are working and then port in the numbers in each account by choosing the change number feature. In either scenario you will need to enter the following info:

1. Full name on the previous account.
  2. Phone number to be ported in.
  3. Previous provider's account number.
  4. Alternate phone number. ( Optional)*

*Very occasionally if all fails pm may reach out to you at this number but more usefully it will be used as an additional account identity verifier. So use a family member's, work, landline etc....

Leave the old sim card(s) in the phone when porting to reply YES or sometimes "1" to the porting authorization text from your former provider. Once they release your number to pm it can complete  the porting process in a couple of minutes up to 2 hours. Any longer than that indicates a issue with the porting process requiring contacting the moderators or calling the telus porting department.

Otherwise once you can recieve incoming calls to your pm sim with your ported number your port is complete and your former provider's account is cancelled.

When adding your payment card copy directly from your billing statements address or alternatively your official Canada Post address.

1. Do not use the apt/unit box.
  2. Add the suite # to the beginning of the street address. 
  3. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, YOUR TOWN, PROV, CANADA, X0X0X0
  4. Note do not put a space in the postal code.
  5. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  6. Do not use autofill.

Enable autopay for the $2 reward but do not have more than two accounts renew on the same day using the same card as that can trigger either a fraud alert or cause an autopay failure. Use different cards or space the activations a day apart. ( Just activate one just after midnight eastern.)

You enter the referral code and any promocodes on the fourth page. You can use the previously activated accounts referral code for the next one by logging into the newly created self serve for the first sim card and looking at the top right corner of the overview page for the 6 digit alphanumeric code. Be careful not to confuse ones and "I"s, two's and "Z"s and zeroes and "O"s.

If you activate a $35+plan you can always try the promocode BONUS2GB to see if you recieve a bonus 2gb data add on in your account.  This is very YMMV unless you recieved a confirmation email saying you qualified for the promotion.

The $1 referral reward for the referrer appears in the reward section of tneir account immediately after activation. The $10 bonus referral credit for the referred customer is added to their account balance within 72 hours but usually by the next day.

Best of luck. If you still get the sim activation error message contact the moderators to see if a partial activation was created without a payment....stranger things have happened? Welcome to public mobile!

@Bronco 

I also think that you can only have one SIM account with one email address. I don’t know if you can have multiple SIMs on the same account but Community members will correct me if I am wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bronco : Well that sucks. I would still suggest a clean browser for your other activations. What happens if you put that SIM in a phone?...for curiosity.

Bronco

Thank you, just tried again and no luck that was 1 hour in, will just leave til the am and see what happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

Z10user4,

This information was provided by the marketing team.

Ah. Marketing.... 🙂 I guess all we can do is wait for Bronco to report back in a while to verify the veracity of the marketing teams claims.

Z10user4,

This information was provided by the marketing team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Did you ask a mod? 🙂 But this report seems to suggest the error still happens and so maybe the delay will help it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bronco : I had been skeptical of the alleged change in the system and now you're the first to reply that doing it again didn't work. You got the same error message as before. I don't recall hearing from others that it did work after it was changed.

The advice for the other accounts would be to do them on clean browsers. Don't forget to use your referral code of the first account for the other accounts.

I didn't test this myself but Public Mobile stated that improvements were made to the activation portal.  I then sepcifically asked about situations about browser lockout (activation already started in a different browser, on a different computer, or using a different IP address, etc. but then tried again) and was informed that this would no longer cause an issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bronco : I had been skeptical of the alleged change in the system and now you're the first to reply that doing it again didn't work. You got the same error message as before. I don't recall hearing from others that it did work after it was changed.

The advice for the other accounts would be to do them on clean browsers. Don't forget to use your referral code of the first account for the other accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same one ,

your typing and sometime you type it but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

or if you are do activated the New SIM card ,  you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

The Kiosk staff really needs to know that.  If they dun need to use a 2nd SIM card when they see error, that would eliminate a lot of those issues that they created multiple accounts cos  the first activation was showing error.

nice change.

Bronco

Ok, just cancelled it and now it says invalid SIM so I assume that is the wait period 

I will try again in the morning

Any other advice however would be appreciated as I have 3 accounts to activate and would appreciate not having to go through this each time

@computergeek541 wrote:

@softech 

The 50 minute wait has been eliminated.  Also, going back to a previous activation page no longer produces any error messages. This change was made on May 11.

@computergeek541 Wow - really!? 

That's great.

🙂

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: It's been mentioned around here that the delay is not needed anymore.

You meant there is no more an hour wait to retry the same SIM card on an "uncompleted" activation?

The 50 minute wait has been eliminated.  Also, going back to a previous activation page no longer produces any error messages. This change was made on May 11.

@Anonymous wrote:

You meant there is no more an hour wait to retry the same SIM card on an "uncompleted" activation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bronco : So you haven't hit the money yet. Just kill it and then clear cache/site cookies or use a different browser or use incognito/privacy mode and try again.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bronco 

You can retry but set your browser on incognito and clear your cookie.

Need Help? Let's chat.