cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error - need help

DoggieMommy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried activating a sim.  Got the dreaded "uh oh something went wrong, but don't panic" screen.
Tried to log back in - said invalid sim.
Completed setting up an account though and the PM sim was in it, the phone number from Telus showed up and payments/credits were processed.
PM sim still shows unregistered when placed in phone.
I messaged the mods for help yesterday.  No reply yet (24 hours now)
Even though it showed the existing Telus number in the PM account, the telus sim was still working and the device was still working.
Today the telus sim says unregistered sim, and the PM sim says unregistered sim.
Today if I call the number it says it's not in service.  
I could really use some help!  I fear PM's activation process screwed up and I lost my phone number!
Also the phone is unlocked, it works with other PM sims around here.
Please help!

7 REPLIES 7

DoggieMommy

Telus was no help  😞

48 hours and no phone service or reply from the mods.  😞

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Give Telus a call. 😉

DoggieMommy

Tried the trick, didn't work this time.  Thanks though!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DoggieMommy wrote:

Well that's a relief, thank you!

Any idea if they were working yesterday or are today?  I've never needed their help before, but I see in their public profile they last logged in on the 30th?

Thanks again.

If moderator_team is working today, it will not be full moderator team.

Since you were with Telus before porting to PM, you may call Telus and play dumb.  Telus porting team may be able to fix you porting issue at PM.  It worh a try while you are waiting for moderator.  

Edit:  I think Telus porting team handles porting for Telus/Koodo/PM.  Correct me if I am wrong.  I had seen some post with the Telus porting team phone number.  But I cannot find that post using the forum search.

mimmo

Yes they work yesterday and today.

You could try the lost stolen trick as you have a self serve account. But honestly I think only mods can fix the issue for you.

DoggieMommy

Well that's a relief, thank you!

Any idea if they were working yesterday or are today?  I've never needed their help before, but I see in their public profile they last logged in on the 30th?

Thanks again.

popping

@DoggieMommy

Your number porting is stuck.  Just wait for moderator to work on your port 

Don't worry about losing you Telus number because PM has your number already.

Need Help? Let's chat.