cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation and Number porting iPhone6

letItBe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received the sim today and just completed the activation process. Ported my number from Telus.

The whole process went very smooth and in less than 15 mins my phone was displaying No Service.

Switched off the phone, swapped out the old sim with the new one from PM, switched on and immidiately it dsiplayed PM as the carrier. 

Tested incoming/outgoing/data(email)  - all looked good!

Only thing to mention is I provided the IMEI #  as well while porting.. maybe that helped? Dunno.

After seeing all these posts on the forum regarding activation and porting issues, was really apprehensive before proceeding with activating/porting but dove into it anyway. 

I do hope people here get their issues resolved quickly ( mods r doing a great job coping with these numerous issues!)- can imagine the nightmare if this is your primary number that you're porting in and it's not reachable! 

Thanks PM for the super convenient way to get this done.. it really is (when it works!) 

Cheers.

13 REPLIES 13

Florence2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are both in the dark here with no information as to wait times or if anyone has even read our messages yet or ever will. For all I know I sent my message to the wrong contact and it is in limbo somewhere. There should at least be a confirmation that the message has been received and will be checked into. That is just standard operating procedure with most online companys these days. PM shouldn't be putting promotions on if they can't service new customers. 

Murat_K

Unfortunately,

I do not agree with your idea

As public mobile is owned by Telus and by law and regulations that have to provide service within certain service level agreements and penalties.

No company has the right to limit your communication because of their lack of support. Probably, i should file a complaint to CRTC

@Murat_K@Florence2

You both are right.  There should be improvements made by Public Mobile.  It has been mentioned many times to Public Mobile representative in the past about improvements, but it has been a very slow process.  Public mobile is a Tier 3 mobile company, cheaper.  When things are working properly, everything is great.  However, like in your cases, if your service is not working, it can be very frustrating.  That is why I would not recommend Public mobile to customers who need the line for work or an important phone line.  Use a Tier 1 company like Telus, Rogers, Bell.  

Unfortunately, you both need to have your issues dealt with by moderators.  In the past few weeks, it has taken up to 3-4 days to get issues resolved.  I want to re-emphasize.... do not send multiple messages to moderators, it will take more time.  

Murat_K

Done all that

No luck

I try to call my number from another phone it say it is not in service

Or um1 or um3

No response from moderators yet.

Got frustrated

I should have stayed with my current provider 😞

Florence2

I am doing the exact same thing with the same phone and it has been over 24 hours with no reply or indication that anyone has seen my message yet. There definitely should be an online ticketing system so that you know that the issue is in the system and you can track the progress. 

Is your phone completely not working?  Can you send or receive text?  Call out? Data?

You probably tried the following:

1. Reboot the phone

2.  Try putting public mobile SIM card into another unlocked phone to see whether that works.

3.   Taking out the SIM card and make put it back to ensure good fit.  

@Murat_K

Yes, if it is your primary line, it can be frustrating.  For account activation and porting issues, you really need the help of the moderators.  Most of us the community members do not have access to account information.  As mentioned before, avoid sending multiple messages to moderators.  Each message delays your response time.  

Murat_K

Hi

On 16th of august around 19:00, that line should be activated from a 

Wallmart store in Ottawa. It did not go through,

He called retail, and got a confirmation that line would be active in 24 hours and gave incident numbers but Nothing happened. This is my primary number. So when this is your primary number, you are concerned so i sent a message yesterday morning and then evening to moderators.

You should find a way to resolve similar issues faster. This way is not working. You should create at least online ticketing system rather than a community style support. If someone phone number is not reachable, this is something big and needs to be adressed immediately. You are taking away their right of communication like in my case. I have to rely on other people to communicate.

Hope that someone from your team will respond.

Best regards

@Murat_K

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Moderators have been very busy and wait times are too long.  Moderators do work on weekends, so hopefully, they will get back to you today.  Try not to send multiple messages to moderators since that will increase your wait times.  

What exactly are your issues?  porting problem? activation?  Maybe if you describe the problem, the community members might have some ideas to fix the problem without moderator help.  For future reference, you might want to start your own new topic.  You will get more reads and replies.  

Murat_K

My phone number is not working

Still no response from moderators

It is more than 36 hours and no response

Frustrated

Need help

Best regards

letItBe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Never had to do any APN settings .. the only option available was Personal Hotspot ( as you've mentioned) so did not touchit even though it shows isp.mb.co rather than sp.mb.com which i read somewhere was what it should be.

If it aint broken... 🙂

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Usually the iPhone is good at automatically setting the apn setting without any need to do anything. As long as everything works, you're all set

chrismaslee

Just a quick question for you since we have the same phone:

I was looking up the iPhone APN instructions here

But I never had to do any of those steps to get my data working. Did you? All I can see in my iPhone Cellular menu is "Personal Hotspot"

Need Help? Let's chat.