cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Problem

Serious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a hand-me down phone from a relative and when I inserted my Public Mobile SIM card I got the following error message:   The SIM that you currently have installed is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.  Please install another SIM from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.  Please contact Apple for more information.

My Uncle had a Rogers phone plan.  Does he need to contact Rogers for an unlock code?  He kept his old SIM card which is in his new phone.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Serious 

If your uncle still have his account number on file. Rogers can unlock it without any problems. Other than that, they will need the IMEI of the phone. You can get it by dialing *#06# or if the box is still around, it is on the box.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most likely your phone is locked to Rogers.

Previous owner should contact Rogers and ask for free unlocking code.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Serious if your relative still with Rogers, it is very easy to get it unlock.  Ask your relative to call Rogers to help unlocking it

@Serious wrote:

I received a hand-me down phone from a relative and when I inserted my Public Mobile SIM card I got the following error message:   The SIM that you currently have installed is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.  Please install another SIM from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.  Please contact Apple for more information.

My Uncle had a Rogers phone plan.  Does he need to contact Rogers for an unlock code?  He kept his old SIM card which is in his new phone.

Public Mobile wouldn't be able to help unlock a Rogers phone. Rogers can (and should) do that.  There's no such thing as a network unlock code for an iPhone. Rogers needs to submit the request to Apple, and Apple adds the phoen to an unlocked list.

Need Help? Let's chat.