cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Problem?

Awesomesauce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my PM account two days a go . At first, everything appeared to be going smoothly. I even got an activiation email that said the following:

Hello  Awesomesauce

We’re excited to have you as a new Public Mobile customer.  Here’s some important information about your account:

- Your 4-digit PIN has been successfully registered. You may need it to make changes to your account.
- Your Self Serve account has been successfully created. You will need your email address when logging in to

Here is a summary of your plan and any selected add-ons:

Pick & Pay$126.00
Optional Add-Ons:
None$0
Pre-Tax Total:$126.00
Tax:$15.12
Total Amount Owing:$141.12

However, it appears that I don't have access to PM's network nor can I make or receive calls. When I try to access my self-serivce account...well I can't. I get the following messages:

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

When I try to go through Forgot password, thinking maybe it was set up during account activation I get:

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address

I have already paid for a pick and pay plan and have PMed mods yesterday without a response as of yet. I transferred over from Wind. I was hoping this would help get someones attention for help. I am not sure how long I can go without being on a network. I need to for work.

12 REPLIES 12

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hopefully we can get this solved this week

Awesomesauce

I'm bumping this so the mods hopefully notice. These issues still persist and I have sent PMs with all the needed information. Please help this get resolved.

Rockdaddy22
It was my pleasure:)

Awesomesauce

I will do that now!

Thank you so much for the prompt replies. I appreicate the help!

Rockdaddy22
The account number is the most important. Pin is probably why the port failed in the first place unfortunately. Not your fault, they should make the account number mandatory. Send a new PM but include the account number with all the other info

Awesomesauce

I have indeed. Two days a go with all the relevant information, including my name, email, number, SIN card number, PIN and even the last few digits of the credit card that I used for the pick and pay plan. Is there anyway to grab the mods attention other than this? Send them another PM or try tagging them here again?

Rockdaddy22
I don't think it'll help but you could always try. Have you sent a a private message to a mod?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Awesomesauce

Screenshot_20161124-104613.png

Tried the sim as in tried putting it into the phone to see if it works? Yup. I tried it after activation. It appears I am on the network but don't have access to the data or call or text. I believe there was an error after I paid for the pick and pay after the activation process. I am not familar at all with this stuff. I can reboot if that helps or try putting in the SIM again but I am not sure how that would help with the porting of the number or access to my self serve account.

Rockdaddy22
So have you tried the sim. PS. I already read you private message 🙂

Awesomesauce

Thanks for the response guys!

I am using the One Plus One right now. I can try restarting it. But that still doesn't explain why I can't access my self serve using the email I entered when activating the SIM.

Also it doesn't look like there has been progress with my number being ported.

clavijo

hi the previous answer may be rigth what kind of phone are you using you may be able to reset it to work better for telus i found a post that show me how to reset a sumsung for telus and it work beatifuly

Desmond

Seeing how you were a customer of wind Mobile, if you are using that same phone and it is from Wind mobile I do not think it would work : it is on a different frequency. 

Need Help? Let's chat.