cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Still Not Completed!!!! One week and counting!!

danicahxchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

Been a week and still my port has not been completed - only incoming calls/text messages work.  Seems to me that there are lots of people requested help with their problem after me and have already been helped!  I'm not sure what to do anymore...emailed the issue and no response, created post tagging the Mods and no response, sent a private message to one of the Mods and no response.

6 REPLIES 6

danicahxchan

Thanks.

I guess it'll have to do until it completely gets ported.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@danicahxchanI would use old sim till port is complete.  if you have two phones you could use both sims. if not just old carrier.  as for sms  I would try an alternative vibre, whats app etc.. 

at least now you can make/ receive calls, till the port is complete

danicahxchan

Old Sim seems to be still working.  

Weird thing the old sim receives text message from all other providers except for public mobile customers.

mimmo

That makes more sense. 🙂  

did you try your old sim?

danicahxchan

@mimmo

Oops...I typed the wrong thing...actually incoming call/text do not work.  Outgoing calls and text work.  

Funny thing is I just recieved a text message from Public Mobile literally 10 minutes ago with the following "we are experiencing difficulties with processing my request to Public Mobile.  Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Thanks"  

So I just filled out the help form again and referenced my previous workorder number.

mimmo

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Just to clarify, you are not able to make calls or send text?  Did you set up your apn settings?

I ask because typically with porting issues,  incoming calls and texts do not arrive, outgoing works almost immediatly. 

does your old sim work?

did you get a message saying port complete?

Need Help? Let's chat.