cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada, USA call not working

Raj14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my plan to 75 data with unlimited minutes Canada and USA wide but when I make a phone call in USA the phone system says " your call cannot be completed since you have used up all your minutes " confused any one can explain me please.

5 REPLIES 5

EddyB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a friendly suggestion, depending on where you are in the US, trying to make calls, you might want to bump it up to 4G (LTE).  Not sure which companies still provide 3G in the US.  I may be wrong, but if you run into issues with trying 3G while IN the US, then I would put it on 4G.  🙂

Raj14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

as suggested I switch 5G TO 3G on phone setting and it worked. now I can call USA. THANK YOU all of you, I really appreciate your help>

EddyB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I may add, I was struggling with this also on my first visit to the US.  I found that I had to turn off the auto network, so that the phone starts looking for available networks.  It will then list any available US providers for you to pick from (T-Mobile seems to work well, didn't try AT&T).  Some people had more success setting their phones to 4G. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Raj14 

I suggest you log in to your account to make sure you have the Cdn/US plan. If so, restart phone once you're in US. You should be able to just dial as if you were at home. If it still won't co-operate...message Customer Support to get their input. Use this link to message 'em...give them as much account info as you can...ie: account number; ph number, name on account, PM pin number...etc...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Raj14  start by ensuring that your phone is updated with the latest version. You will need to connect to wifi to check this. 

If possible, put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls still don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile. From the settings menu, turn on data roaming.

Need Help? Let's chat.