cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

NicW13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've created a ticket, but had no response yet. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? 

I've followed the process, purchased a plan, downloaded the Public Mobile App, followed all the instructions to port number, and it says to me the "ESIM Not Installed".

Upon researching, it seems others have received a QR code in a welcome email, which I did not get. Additionally, yes my phone supports ESIM.

Anyone have any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NicW13 - Canadian S22 models are eSIM compatible. Not sure why the CS_Agent said that. S20's are supported with eSIM.

But if you really want to, you can buy a physical SIM on Amazon for $5 and $10 at most Koodo / TELUS stores and at any Mobile Klinik store.

NicW13

I received a message this morning in regards to my ticket.

The agent sends me on a series of troubleshoot steps that felt somewhat redundant, essentially overlooking everything I said I had done.

The agent comes to the solution that I need to purchase a physical sim, as my S22 Ultra "does not support esim", even though it does / has, and event was accepted in their checker,  after entering the IMEI.

I stated that I did not receive the "Welcome email" / QR code to activate, and the CS Agent tells me they are unable to generate said email, and again resorted back to saying go buy a physical sim.

I'm kind of at a loss for words with my experience, and simply asked to be transferred to a new agent. They told me they can't do that, and I need to re create another ticket. So I have since dine that, and await answers.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have any advice?

Thanks,

Nic

captaincool
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Usually within 24hrs.  Keep checking your email.  Good luck

fixin

@NicW13 - Yeah, you should wait for a response from CS_Agent tomorrow at the earliest.

NicW13

Yes, I've checked all folders, including spam.

I've been inside the Sim Manager, and only have my existing physical sim / old carrier listed.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Did you check your junk folder for the the code?

open it from another device to scan.  Check your SIM manger to see if PM sim is there and  turn on this line or enable it. Sometimes it's already installed. 

if you still don't see it, you the chatbot to submit a ticket. Type ticket or support. 

fixin

@NicW13 - The email should have the from to be:

PUBLIC MOBILE

Welcome To Public Mobile!

Check your Spam folder

It should be from publicmobileservice@mail.publicmobile.ca 

If not, please wait for CS_Agent to reply to your ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.