cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Fail - Tried Porting Number From Suspended Account

hello5811
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried porting my number from my previous prepaid provider but it did not work because i no longer have access to my previous phone number to receive the number porting verification text from my previous provider.

I now realize that i would of have to chosen to create a new phone number for this account since i never had the ability to receive the verification text from my old provider.

Now when i log into public mobile the only thing accessible is asking me to verify the text sent to my old phone number i do not have access to.

At this point i just want to end the porting process and create a new number but i cannot find any options for doing this or what i have to do at this point.

I can currently make calls but cannot recieve them (from old phone number), and data is working.

Any insight? 

7 REPLIES 7

hello5811

I was chatting with someone through tickets with a good reply time (20 mins). They told me that they have cancelled the request to port numbers and assigned me a new number and that i should reboot my phone and the new number should be active. 

But, after i restarted my phone there was no change it is still the same as before. 

I can call out from my old number, but cannot receive calls/texts at all.

it seems the new number he assigned did not take effect, and now the return time for my message has been much longer going on 1.5 hours without a reply right now, compared to the 20 mins previously. 

maybe it has become more complicated and he has escalated.. 

still asking me to verify identity by texting old phone number when trying to sign in on public mobile website also.. 

frustrating... lol

@hello5811 

Best to reach out to a CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number by pm them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hello5811 

send a private message to CSA through the following link asking them to cancel the porting and they can assign wa new number, they can  take 4hr to a day to return back to you

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sorry I was watching CFL football. Ha.

OK Hopefully you can figure it out. FYI, if you try downloading apps like Fongo or TextNow, play with those to try to find a good local number you like, and easy one sort of speak and you can port that over to PM at no charge. I ported my Fongo number from 20 years ago... I've had that app for 20 years... then I ported over to PM free of charge. Never looked back.

hello5811

At this point, i dont care about the old phone number. I'd like to cancel the port request and start fresh with public with a new phone number. But, i cannot seem to make any changes to my account at this point. The farthest i can get on the public mobile website is to be asked for a verification code from a number i no longer have access too. Currently talking to support through chat tickets trying to get me a new number. ill keep you updated on how this goes. 

hello5811

Only option available is resend code. I tried typing it wrong multiple times also. But, still no email option.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi there @hello5811 

There should be an option that says... Didn't get code? If you see that, then click on it and you should have an option to choose your email instead.

With regards to porting your other number, you have to ask yourself how bad you want it. Depending on the other providers rules, you may have up to 90 days to renew the account. Meaning you may still be able to activate it but put the lowest amount you can just to get your phone active again over there. Once that is done, THEN you can port it over to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.