cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated Sim and account, next steps?

BadApple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, just trying to make sure I make zero mistakes. Are my next steps to insert the PM sim, and then change the apn settings? I haven't ported over my old number yet. Will changing the apn settings affect the bell sim?

15 REPLIES 15

BadApple

Ok, I attempted to port, hit submit and I saw the spinning circle icon. It went away and the page stayed. Did it not take, should I hit submit again?

@BadApple wrote:

That's what I understand, but I should log in to self serve and transfer my bell number now?

Yes. You only need your Bell account number to effect a transfer. Just in case BE PREPARED

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

YES. SORRY. DONT cancel Bell as u could lose ur number. Wait until port iscomplete and number is all well on PM    😉

BadApple

That's what I understand, but I should log in to self serve and transfer my bell number now?

@BadApple Do not cancel your Bell service; that happens automatically once your transfer finishes. In fact, use your Bell SIM now until it stops working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TMS

@BadApple wrote:

Sweet, everthing is good so far. Can use data, can make and receive calls and texts. I didn't have to make any APN changes...is that normal? They are all correct.

Should I now port over my number from Bell?

Thanks so much for all of the help so far! 

apn is normal        if all is working with PM and phone - port to PM   🙂

BadApple

Sweet, everthing is good so far. Can use data, can make and receive calls and texts. I didn't have to make any APN changes...is that normal? They are all correct.

Should I now port over my number from Bell?

Thanks so much for all of the help so far! 

TMS

@BadApple wrote:

Ok, just to be clear, power up the phone initially with no sim. Sorry, just don't want to run into the trouble that others seem to.

yes, then the phone will ask u for the sim  🙂

Yes, that's what I did with my locked Rogers phone.

BadApple

Ok, just to be clear, power up the phone initially with no sim. Sorry, just don't want to run into the trouble that others seem to.

You need to start the unlock process first.  Power down the phone, take out the Bell SIM, power on the phone, start the unlock process as instructed, and when asked, insert the PM Sim.

BadApple

The temporary number is the one I chose at sign up? If so, yes.

So, put in the sim, then APN settings?

There you go.  You'll need to insert the PM Sim when requested by the unlock process.  Start with that.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

So, at this time you have a temporary number?

If yes, you can put the SIM in now, and start verifying that all your services are working correctly.  Can you make a phone call, can you send a text to someone and the reverse.

APN could be set-up now, but if you need to re-insert your bell SIM, it may change your settings... this is a toss up on whether you do the APN possibly twice, or just once.

If you haven't got a temporary number, you should insert the PM sim so you can get the activation on the phone underway.

BadApple

Also, I haven't unlocked the phone yet. Bell has given me two numbers that I assume I need.

Need Help? Let's chat.