cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account take-over

Sherv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi there.
I am currently with public mobile, and so is my sister, but she has a much better plan than I do. Now, she is leaving the country in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to drop my account and take over hers, but still keep my number.
Could you please let me know if this is possible, and how to set it up?
Thanks.
-Shervin
3 REPLIES 3

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SD08- thanks for clarifying that. I can't remember seeing this question before so it's good to know it's possible with help from the mods!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sherv wrote:
Hi there.
I am currently with public mobile, and so is my sister, but she has a much better plan than I do. Now, she is leaving the country in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to drop my account and take over hers, but still keep my number.
Could you please let me know if this is possible, and how to set it up?
Thanks.
-Shervin

@Sherv

You can move your phone number over to your sister's account, but porting from PM to PM can only be done with a moderator's help.  You can first edit your sister's account profile to put your name on it to make it easier to show that you own it.  I would leave the e-mail addresses on the two accounts separate until after the port is done, because porting to another account with the same e-mail address within the same system can cause login issues.

Then, click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your account# and phone number, as well as your sister's account# and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure if this is possible without using a 3rd party.

What I'd do is go buy a cheap pre-paid SIM from a different provider (like Virgin Mobile), then port your phone number out to that SIM, log into the other account and request to have the number ported back in (and change the email address, contact info, etc).

Would definitely be worth it if your sisters plan is significantly better.

Need Help? Let's chat.