cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data gets used up too fast

SophiaMEM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I travel in the US and use the $20 add-on, I find the data gets used at twice to three times the rate it does in Canada. Maybe more. So the 1.5 GB is much less useful than it appears - I hardly use that in 3 months in Canada, but I often run out before 10 days are up in the US. I use more data when travelling for sure, but not that much more - I also have wifi options while  I am here, I don't watch films or download videos, I don't play games. There should either be a warning that the data might seem like a lot but is not counted the way it is in Canada (seemingly), or there is a problem with T-mobile that needs to be checked out. The data use is also way out of synch with what my phone counts - I am told I have used 75% of the package (3/4 of 1.5 GB) when my phone says I have used just 176 MB (or roughly 1/7 of the promised allotment). Do others have this problem? 

5 REPLIES 5

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow. That really sucks OP.  Kind of funny, but still sucks nonetheless lol. 

ajaffery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn't use mydatamanager as it stores a lot of your data on their servers, so please avoid using that and just use publicmobile.ca my account to track your data usage which is more accurate in terms of billing anyways.

Some highlights from their privacy policy:

Analyzing your use of mobile applications and data, which may include combining such information (including personally identifying information) with information we receive from Affiliates or third parties;

Please be aware that in order to provide our Services (e.g., My Data Manager, Mobidia website), we need to collect certain information, such as:

• Device manufacturer and model
  • Operating system
  • Language codes
  • Device identifiers (e.g., Android ID, IDFV)
  • Carrier or network
  • IP address
  • Location data (e.g., city)
  • Installed apps and usage information (e.g., how long you use an app or feature)
  • Network traffic (e.g., websites visited, other online activities)
  • Power consumption
  • Browser information (e.g., browser type, cookies)

We retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Services and perform the uses described in this Privacy Policy and the Terms of Service. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

it is always good to get a data dtracking app lie mydatamanager. you can set it for 250mg for 10 days and see how you use it,

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try viewing your usage history in your self serve account, see if you can "track down" those moments that large chunks of data got used.

SophiaMEM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Never mind. I am not sure if there used to be more data offered, but I see now that it is 250 MB. I am not sure where I got my 1.5 GB from. In my dreams, I guess. 

Need Help? Let's chat.