cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended

Hus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

today it’s been day to day a month that I have PM. I had selected «pre authorised payment » so the money was supposed to be taken automatically from the account. But then I saw this message saying that my account was suspended. When I clicked on reactivating my account.. it’s as if I added funds to my account. This is so confusing and frustrating. Why wasn’t the money taken automatically? What happened. How do I talk to an agent for that? 

20 REPLIES 20

@Hus  FYI: every time your account renews there is a short period when your account shows "Suspended". Ignore that message unless your phone stops working.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

I think you should contact customer support and ask them to open a ticket with the tech team to have a look into your account as to why it did not renew with the available funds? You had enough in your account balance to renew without further payment. Renewal failures when there is enough funds in the account balance are exceedingly rare (I know I had one once!) It's best you get this looked at now rather than have it happen again on your next renewal. I would also monitor your account every few days just in case something really weird happens like renewing halfway thru your cycle (That also happened to me ?!!)🤔

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Hus

Yes today (27/10/2022) when I went to the PM site it said it was suspended and once paid ..that message disappeared 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

Were your services suspended earlier today? And they resumed after you manually topped up your account?  What was your activation date?

Hus

True! But how did they know I had a transaction problem with PM🤔 so strange!! It’s a weird coincidence

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

The link says american-bettors-coalition.org why would that have anything to do with koodo? And you are a public mobIle customer not a koodo customer. 

Hus

A0045C39-C70C-4543-AF72-7B768C4ED7AE.jpeg

7F4A84BC-63A1-42D9-BCA8-02D3EAC32935.jpeg

Hus

Is it? But it looks so real 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hus 

Don't click on that link. It is definitely a scam.

Hus

i also received this message tonight. But the money is already taken from my bank account (17.25$) is this a scam message?

D9EAE0E2-DAAF-433B-BFFF-EDEAA4C03893.jpeg

The available funds is your account balance on hand here. It accumulates with deposits from credits and rewards (if on rewards) and it goes down when you buy add-ons or renew. Pre-authorized payments (autopay) only kicks in when there isn't enough balance only for renewal. The renewal will use what's there and then take the remainder of what it needs from the registered card. After renewal, it will normally be zero balance left.

Review your payment history here (not credit card) for all the credits and charges. Or provide images of the last page or two of transactions and we can sort it out for you. The refer a friend credit has been hit and miss for many people though.

@Hus you joined in Sep, rigjt?  If so, it was correct you got your first $5 payment in Oct.  Your next $5 should be some time in Niv, likely first week.

I think your renewal problem is why you had enough fund and PM didn't renew.  Again  it is good now and you have enough fund for next renewal,  just pay attention on next renewal and make sure everything goes smoothly 

Hus

Thank you! So if I didn’t have any problem with the pre authorised payment today..what would have happened was..they would have taken the money automatically from my credit card. And the 15 fund I had would have stayed. Right? I don’t understand this fund thing and credit card thing. If everything was good with the credit card, would PM still have  taken money from my funds?

also.. I got referral and I am supposed to get 5$ every month. Why didn’t I get that for October? 

@Hus   No, the amount shows on My Account is always the usable amount.  So, if it shows $15, then it has enough to cover a $15 plan

Let say it shows $10 as Available Fund, then PM will need $5 extra for the renewal, they will charge you $5+tax on your credit card.  Your credit card statement will show $5.75 (assuming it is 15% tax), and My Account will show you topped up $5

Honest, I am not sure why you had enough fund and still not renewed.   Now, you have $15 as Available Fund again, it should be enough for next renewal, so keep an eye on it. 

Just a reminder, PM is on a 30 days cycle.  Given you renewed today (Oct 27), your next renewal day will be Nov 26

Hus

I added it in the afternoon today. But why does PM uses my funds?Because the transaction with credit card didn’t work?  Also with taxes it’s 17.25$ maybe that’s why it wasn’t enough fund? 

@Hus 

Originally (before Oct 20), you had a $10 , like from Fried's Referral

On Oct 20, they add the special $5 referral bonus, you have $15 as Available Fund

Today, you made a manual top of $15 , the total fund becomes $30

Then they took $15 from the Available Fund for renewal (PM always breaks plans amount into 2 portion.  Your $15 is broken into $10 and $5)

after they took away $15, you now have $15 in the Available Fund

Honest, even before you manually put in $15, your account have enough Available fund to be used for renewal.  Not sure what happened and why it didn't renew

But may I know what time you added the fund?  did you just add it now? or you added it around midnight today, like 21 or 22 hours ago??

Hus

Can you explain to me what you see on the picture? Today once I saw my account was suspended I feel like I added funds and my funds were 30. Then they took 17.25 from my credit card and my funds went down to 15. I am confused! Also I was referred by a friend. So every month I am supposed to have 5$ where did that go for October? (I signed up for the first time September 27th) 

CB4AADA7-12F5-41FA-BE72-B59DBD238BA4.jpeg

@Hus  it's hard to say why Pre-Authorized payment failed, it could be an issue with credit card, but it is more likely an issue from PM side.   It happens sometimes, but the majority of the people using it has no problem and might experience one failure once in a while.  I suggest you to keep note of next renewal date and make sure you check if it goes through next time

for some people who do not want to go through the trouble, they might manually load enough fund one or two days ahead, but of course, that defeats the purpose of Pre-Authorized payments  🙂  But again, the steps might be good as PM is a prepaid provider, good thing is that you won't overspend , but bad thing is that service will got interrupted if there is any payment issue

Hus

Then why is it pre authorised? Why did it fail? I chose that option so that I don’t have to think about it. And why did I pay full price after..I was referred by some one ..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hus   Please click Reactive my plan and follow the prompt to manually pay

the reason you have to do this is that the pre-authorized payment failed, so, you will now have to manually pay to resume the service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.