cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended due to Autopay issue

deja92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my payment card the other day to my credit card and to my knowledge everything was as before (autopay enabled), just a different card. This morning I get a text from Public Mobile showing the autopay discount hasn't gone through, and once I logged onto my account realised it had been suspended (no wonder nothing is happening on my phone when I'm not on wifi - at least send me a message or something). I've gone in and paid, turned autopay on (again) and am waiting for my service to come back but I'm a bit peeved - has anyone else had this happen when changing the payment method? I could have sworn that last time I checked once my card was changed, autopay was on.

4 REPLIES 4

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you have switched cards, be sure to enter cc information correctly, including expiry and code on back of card. This could be the issue. Contact moderator if issue persists by clicking ?, bottom right and following instructions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deja92 wrote:

I changed my payment card the other day to my credit card and to my knowledge everything was as before (autopay enabled), just a different card. This morning I get a text from Public Mobile showing the autopay discount hasn't gone through, and once I logged onto my account realised it had been suspended (no wonder nothing is happening on my phone when I'm not on wifi - at least send me a message or something). I've gone in and paid, turned autopay on (again) and am waiting for my service to come back but I'm a bit peeved - has anyone else had this happen when changing the payment method? I could have sworn that last time I checked once my card was changed, autopay was on.

iirc a short cut to stop paying is to remove the payment card which toggles off autopay. Changing the card effectively removes the card which would then toggle off autopay. Then one would need to toggle autopay back on after changing the card.

iirc.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you were able to make a payment using the very same card, it could very well be a billing glitch. Sounds like a good idea to follow up with moderators.

Maybe you changed your credit card too close to the renewal date.

You can click on green question mark at the bottom right to open the chatbot and submit a ticket to the moderators.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It is very buggy system

Good thing to do when changing cards for autopay is to withdraw the money after registering to make sure it actually works. When you originally registered first payment was made, if it failed it would have spit out the error message. In this case took kind of have to work backwards.

Though some people say you should first withdraw the amount from the old card just on case the system doesn't like your new card and won't register without mod help. This way you make sure you don't get suspended while waiting for help. So if i was tight with time wound withdraw whole balance from the old card and another $1 from the new one. 

It's just buggy, so i don't rely on it. I take money out manually when paying other bills and highly recommend to all my family and friends. You still get reward for being registered for autopay.

To get your credits back (because it wasn't your fault but the system) contact the moderators and they will be able too do out manually

To get your service back, try restarting, if doesn'tt work report it first lost then found them restart, if that doesn't work put another $1 and restart, if that doesn't work contact moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.