cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended but texting works

LilPea2010
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to login to check account status but I thought someone might be able to help with this. *611 says account temporarily suspended, says I have $4 on account, and then says next auto payment is January 31st but that was a week ago.  Does that mean the auto payment didn’t go through? Shouldn’t it tell me the next payment date would be this month?  Can’t tell if the account is overdue or if maybe out of minutes or data as it doesn’t specify.  I would assume account not cancelled as text works, but the next auto pay date kinda threw me off.

18 REPLIES 18

@AE_Collector 

As an iPhone user I'm surprised  you didnt pick up on this.....no services were working they were "texting" via wifi and iMessage.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LilPea2010 :So was it as HALIMACS said and was only using iMessage with WiFi? If this thread you created is solved you should choose one of the above posts as your accepted solution by pressing the accepted solution button above the post that helped you most, doing so will mark your thread as solved and help others with same problem too.

@LilPea2010 wrote:

But even if out of minutes it doesn’t explain why incoming doesn’t work.

There is a possible explanation for that. If the plan is approaching 2 years old, when first introduced the $15 plan had 100 minutes total. Thus incoming and outgoing counted towards the 100 minutes. Texting works on the voice network so would work even if no minutes were available. But you mention video calling etc. $15 plan wont go very far at all with its limited amount of data. Maybe the data just ran out?

AE_Collector

@LilPea2010 

It would be useful to turn SMS/MMS on as that would have informed you that the autopay had failed. Being unlimited it would use any mobile data as iMessage does but you would still be able to use both messaging options. It would also ensure any important emergency texts or even free gifts from pm wouldnt be missed either.

If you wish to reactivate the service while waiting to hear back from the person responsible for account /service payments you can pay with a voucher via 611. (Once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin #.) Vouchers can be purchased online for a small fee at recharge.com or ding.com. or at Shell stations, SDM, London Drugs, 7/11, Canadian Tire gas bars etc......

More info on users experience with vouchers can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

LilPea2010

Thanks for your help!!

Glad we could work together to get to that, @LilPea2010 

LilPea2010

Oh I never thought of that...yes, it is iMessage.  We have sms turned off.  So I’m thinking payment bounced then!

@LilPea2010 wrote:

Is it possible that the 'texting' service which works is iMessage service and not SMS messaging?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

BTW did your CC get charged for payment on Jan. 31st?  If it did try rebooting your phone or toggling airplane mode on/off first too.

@dabr  OP said "can’t contact the person who is supposed to be paying for the phone plan."

So this sounds like an unknown.

But maybe classic trouble shooting here like turning off the phone for a few minutes, then rebooting and toggling airplane mode may trigger some action here, good thinking @dabr .

@LilPea2010 wrote:

@LilPea2010   You're right it doesn't explain that.  Only way to find out is to access the self serve account and if you're unable to do that then submit a ticket/message to moderators as already suggested by @esjliv   

BTW did your CC get charged for payment on Jan. 31st?  If it did try rebooting your phone or toggling airplane mode on/off first too.

LilPea2010

@LilPea2010 wrote:

Can’t make or receive calls but I can text.  This is actually my child’s account and I can’t contact the person who is supposed to be paying for the phone plan.  Was hoping to figure out what has happened with what little information I have.  I would assume atleast the $15 plan which I thought has unlimited incoming calls, but maybe not? And it is rarely used for actual phone calls anyway.  Normally it’s all video chat through FaceTime or the like. I guess I can use the link you posted to send a message. Thanks for trying to help!

@LilPea2010   Yes the current $15 plan has unlimited incoming but is limited to 100 outgoing mins.  Do you not get the option to pay when dialing 611 if the payment got missed, although if you are able to text then that means the plan has depleted the available mins for this cycle.  Like I mentioned earlier, you can purchase an add-on of 500 mins for $5 to tide you over if that is the case.

@LilPea2010 wrote:

Can’t make or receive calls but I can text.  This is actually my child’s account and I can’t contact the person who is supposed to be paying for the phone plan.  Was hoping to figure out what has happened with what little information I have.  I would assume atleast the $15 plan which I thought has unlimited incoming calls, but maybe not? And it is rarely used for actual phone calls anyway.  Normally it’s all video chat through FaceTime or the like. I guess I can use the link you posted to send a message. Thanks for trying to help!

It does sound like minutes ran out. But getting into SELF SERVE to see more info. would be useful here.

Do you have any access to your child's SELF SERVE account?

If not, and there is a credit card registered to the account. You should be able to buy the $5 addon by calling 611. This may fix up your calling issue.

LilPea2010

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LilPea2010 wrote:

I am unable to login to check account status but I thought someone might be able to help with this. *611 says account temporarily suspended, says I have $4 on account, and then says next auto payment is January 31st but that was a week ago.  Does that mean the auto payment didn’t go through? Shouldn’t it tell me the next payment date would be this month?  Can’t tell if the account is overdue or if maybe out of minutes or data as it doesn’t specify.  I would assume account not cancelled as text works, but the next auto pay date kinda threw me off.

fyi @LilPea2010 ,

If your autopay failed, and you account has not renewed since January 31st, then I do know know how you can text, since it should be in suspended status.

When was the date of your last renewal?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LilPea2010 ,

hum? that past date would throw me off too. 

So can you or can you not making incoming and receive calls right now?

Clear your browser's cache / or device cache. Then can you use the "Forgot your password" option to get back into your SELF SERVE account?

If this still is not working only Mods can get you back in. 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LilPea2010 wrote:

@LilPea2010   You said text works, does calling work too?  If the payment date was Jan. 31st, then you payment should have already been made. 

Login into your self serve account to see if the payment was successful?  If you think you're out of mins ($15 plan?), then simply log into your account and add funds and then purchase $5/500 mins add-on that you can use until your next payment cycle.  Any remaining mins from this add on will roll over every cycle until depleted.  You can also purchase this add-on via the 611 but you need to know your 4 digit PIN to purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.