cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account only half working after creation

FilamentCat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I purchased a SIM card and signed up for a plan, transferring over my previous mobile phone number from Bell. Here is my current functionality:

Phone calls: I can call others, my phone number appears, but I cannot receive calls

Texting: No incoming or outgoing texts.

Data: Fully functional

My Account: Doesn't exist?

My Bill: Paid 

It's been approximately 18 hours as of making this post. I have done the basic troubleshooting of restarting my phone, reinserting my sim card, etc. I cannot sign into my account as it says it doesn't exist. When I go to click on "Forgot my password", it says the email doesn't exist. However, I have gotten an email overnight that stated that the creation of my account didn't complete and that I need to activate my sim card.

However, when I go to activate my sim card, it brings me back to the beginning where it will end up requiring a payment method again. But, like I've said, I've already paid my first month's bill. So I'm wary of if it will charge me again for another month. 

Thanks for any help!

5 REPLIES 5

@FilamentCat I hope it will be sooner good luck!

FilamentCat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! I shot them a message. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, though a couple days isn't the worst to wait.

@FilamentCat wrote:

Yesterday I purchased a SIM card and signed up for a plan, transferring over my previous mobile phone number from Bell. Here is my current functionality:

Phone calls: I can call others, my phone number appears, but I cannot receive calls

It's been approximately 18 hours as of making this post. I have done the basic troubleshooting of restarting my phone, reinserting my sim card, etc. I cannot sign into my account as it says it doesn't exist. When I go to click on "Forgot my password", it says the email doesn't exist. However, I have gotten an email overnight that stated that the creation of my account didn't complete and that I need to activate my sim card.

However, when I go to activate my sim card, it brings me back to the beginning where it will end up requiring a payment method again. But, like I've said, I've already paid my first month's bill. So I'm wary of if it will charge me again for another month. 

Thanks for any help!

You cannot activate the sim card now because you're already done that.  Once a sim card has been tied to an account, it can't be used again.  Since you can make phone calls, your service is already active.  If you end up receiving a text message from Public Mobile saying to fill out some activation form, ignore the instructions in that message.  That message is to tell you that number porting has failed.

You will probably need the help of moderators to sort out your self-serve account not working.  The moderators will also be needed to sort out the number porting. Instructions were given earlier in the thread on how to contact Moderator_Team.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@FilamentCat wrote:

Thanks for any help!

This sounds like a stuck port to me and  you will need the assistance of the moderators.  Unfortunately there response time is in days right now.  If you still have your old sim card I would put it back in your phone as it should be still fully functioning.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@FilamentCat  hi you may have a stuck port you can reach a moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.