cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account locked unable to pay

Kamikazedan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My partner is set up for autopay to her credit card. The card has been compromised and was disabled by the bank, and we are awaiting the arrival of a replacement. Meanwhile, her payment has bounced, and her phone has been disabled. Attempting to log in to her account fails as not recognizing her email address, but trying to create a new login fails because the username is in use. Attempting to reset password fails because her phone number is not recognized. We are completely unable to do anything to get a payment made, even once the new card arrives. HELP!

8 REPLIES 8

@Kamikazedan 

I'm glad you are all up and running......I do believe Irving stations sell vouchers but they may take a few hours to become valid. If you ever purchase one please report back your experience with them in the voucher catalogue then we will all know for sure!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Kamikazedan

Here in the bustling "micropolis" of Yarmouth NS we could not find a payment card. Your suggestion of an online purchase did the trick, and the phone account is back in the black. Many thanks!

Kamikazedan

No... it tells us that the account is unavailable

@Kamikazedan 

Vouchers purchased at Shell stations, London Drugs, SDM and 7/11 are immeadiately redeemable as per @Dunkman suggestion. Dial 611, press ( 1 ) then press ( 1 ) again. Enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. Once confirmed to be loaded hang up and reboot if necessary.

Kamikazedan

Phone and bank are not connected. Hopefully is just two massively inconvenient issues at the same time. She has never actually used her account online.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kamikazedan wrote:

My partner is set up for autopay to her credit card. The card has been compromised and was disabled by the bank, and we are awaiting the arrival of a replacement. Meanwhile, her payment has bounced, and her phone has been disabled. Attempting to log in to her account fails as not recognizing her email address, but trying to create a new login fails because the username is in use. Attempting to reset password fails because her phone number is not recognized. We are completely unable to do anything to get a payment made, even once the new card arrives. HELP!

When you dial 611 do you get a recording saying you need to pay to renew or some such wording?

If not then I also wonder that the account has been compromised.

Go check all your financial logins to make sure they're unharmed. Maybe change passwords and change your email password related to here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kamikazedan 

If the reset password function not working, you will need to contact moderator to get help to access self service account.  Click on chat bubble icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: contact moderator and follow prompts to submit ticket.  

If you need to restart plan ASAP, you could buy a payment voucher either in store or online (via recharge.com - service fee applies) and enter voucher by dialing 611 on your phone

@Kamikazedan wrote:

Once a self serve account has been created for a Public Mobile service, another cannot be created for that same account.

Please go to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

and then type "forgot security question answer" to take care of the password issue.

Was your phone number linked to your bank in any way?  I am also wondering if someone possibly ported your phone number out to a different carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.