cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account information to Port to Telus

Murdawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
How do I get my account info to port my number to a Telus account for a work phone. Telus tells me the account info from Selfserve is incorrect. #mod
5 REPLIES 5

what @dearmusic and @computergeek541 said makes sense considering the amount of Zeros on the account number with PM

@Murdawg wrote:
Thanks, I was assuming the same. I'll have them attempt again.

If you're talking to Telus customer service, have them talk to the porting department, or even ask if you can speak to the porting department yourself.  If the Public Mobile account number is correct, the Telus port team should be able to manually process the porting fairly quick.

dearmusic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The account number, you most likely have 7 zeros. It blinded me for a sec trying to count them...

Murdawg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks, I was assuming the same. I'll have them attempt again.

@Murdawg wrote:
How do I get my account info to port my number to a Telus account for a work phone. Telus tells me the account info from Selfserve is incorrect. #mod

If that's what's listed in your Public Mobile online account, then that's your account number.  it's possible that the number was writeen down wrong by you or copied wrong by Telus into the computer when you were trying to activate.  Also, it could be a system glitch.

It's really easy to type in a number wrong or skip one of them, especially when there are often repeating numbers in the Public Mobile account numbers.  Make sure you include the right number of zeroes at the start of it, and also make sure that there are no space, hyphens, or other symbols when trying to port.

Your account number is in your Public Mobile self-serve account in that pull down menu, which I'm sure you've already taken it from.  It is also provided to you in the e-mail message that Public Mobile sent you when you originally activated here.

Need Help? Let's chat.