cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Long Distance Calling?

Tino_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there, I just reviewed the plans of Fido, Koodo and Virgin. Now their talk, text & data plans come with 1,000 minutes long-distance international calling for free. Does PM have any special to our existing plans like that?

20 REPLIES 20

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bhavin_55 wrote:

It is of 45 dollar plan. 

Sorry @bhavin_55, you've replied to a thread that was last active 21 months ago, but I'm not sure what you're trying to ask or say here.  Did you need help with something?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bhavin_55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is of 45 dollar plan. 

srlawren

@CaNuCk07 don't forget that awful "choose freedom" jingle.  Ugh.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@hardywang  the only thing i would miss about wind is their logo, now we're stuck with this stupid teddy bear and freedom mobile........wanna punch it.

hardywang

@srlawren wrote:

@hardywang wrote:

This is the part I missed Wind, because they offer as low as 1c/min and it depends on how much you use the total cost is in your next bill.

@hardywang I guess there has to be something to miss about Wind, eh?  It certainly can't be their coverage!  🙂

For sure.

srlawren

@hardywang wrote:

This is the part I missed Wind, because they offer as low as 1c/min and it depends on how much you use the total cost is in your next bill.

@hardywang I guess there has to be something to miss about Wind, eh?  It certainly can't be their coverage!  🙂

hardywang

@srlawren well it kind of had to die, I am sure it was not cost effective

$15 for unlimited calling to 45 countries VS the current $15 for 400 minutes to 18 countries Cat Wink

Actually I saw an old post advertising it's launch over on Facebook back in 2010

https://www.facebook.com/PublicMobile/posts/138095356214317

Check out this tv commercial from 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QDMbfpwEWI

Near the beginning they flash the flag map for all countries supported

I kinda wish the new 400 mins could call more places now

*sighs*

srlawren

@kav2001c didn't know that!  Thanks for the info.

For all the long time posters, Public USED TO have long distance bundles with alot more than 400 minutes

They were removed around same time as Beta plans launched

@zhadj030 wrote:

The only time I remember them giving the international minutes is when they were trying to match Public Mobile Promo, to stop people from coming here. 

No they had international promo before we launched the $40 plans

But it was really useless since could only do certain countries (not even USA or Canada!)

It was targeted towards certain ethnic markets

@srlawren & @lampthis the 1000 minute long distance promo has expired on all carriers

Same as the special $55 for 8GB promo

7th was last day I think

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't think this is an advertised offering.  It is like a loyalty/retention offer.  For best comparison, you have to look at the entire plan cost.  It's not like you can get 1000 free long distance minutes without getting other paid services to go with it. 

The only time I remember them giving the international minutes is when they were trying to match Public Mobile Promo, to stop people from coming here. 

same as @srlawren I can't find anything on their website

srlawren

@Tino_M I just looked at Fido's website.  I checked every smartphone plan on their site, and also looked at the Promos area, and I see NOTHING that includes ANY international long distance minutes.  Do you have more info?  What province are you looking at also?

EDIT: same result on Koodo's website.  Can you kindly point us toward these plans, @Tino_M?

lampthis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought the 1000 minute deal was over for those providers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't believe so.  You cannot look at that free 1000 minute offering in isolation.  How much is the cost of the plan which includes the 1000 minute bonus?  Do you need 1000 minutes of international calling each month?  If so, perhaps that deal is your best bet.

imm1304

Hey @Tino_M,

There are no special long distance deals with PM at the moment.  There werent any promos on long distance calling either.

The current option is to buy a $15 long distance talk add-on which allows calling to 18 countries only.  It works out to 3.75 cents per minute.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tino_M  The only thing is the $15 addon for 400 international minutes that don't expire.  What is the cost of the plan that has the 1,000 minutes of long distance

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.