cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account activated but esim not showing phone number

Anthony2003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ive transferred from fido to public and my phone number is stuck on my first sim and my esim doesn’t show i have data or a phone number despite it working. My imessages and other phone number lines aren’t registering. Any fix to this? i’ve reset my netowkr

12 REPLIES 12

Anthony2003

It worked! I bought an esim again and activated. It first showed as separate lines but it setup with the phone number on a different label and it happened to be the public mobile plan with the number. Thank you!

IMG_7667.jpeg

@Anthony2003 

i don't think it matters for the phone number on the secondary sim

you can rebuy the sim from the app.  It should be free to re-buy and should take off the $5 charges when you complete the process.  In case it charges you, just message support for reimbursement

Anthony2003

I may just buy a new esim right now. Should i try despite my phone number stuck on the secondary sim?

@Anthony2003 

it's weird you have data but not voice

in such case, you need to open ticket with PM support by direct message, I have the feeling they will ask you to get a new esim from the app.  Please message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Anthony2003

it doesn’t give me an option to remove the number or even add one unfortunately. I may buy another esim and transfer over so you reckon that works?

Anthony2003

i can’t make calls or message through my number anymore. I still have data

@Anthony2003 

the "Used as "Secondary" is not a concern, it just a reference that it had originally used as secondary.  

Since the PM service is working, it is not an issue

For iMessage phone number problem, go to iMessage's Settings, manually remove the phone number. Reboot phone and then manually add the correct phone number back and should work

Anthony2003

@slusagm @will13am 

IMG_7663.jpeg

IMG_7664.jpeg

Anthony2003

correct, i had accepted the transfer for my phone number and my public mobile account shows that im activated and my phone number alongside it. I’ve tried to take it out and reboot and reset network settings to no prevail. My phone number has stopped working today.

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

remove the physical sim , reboot and check if the esim works.  Make sure after the reboot, the esim is set to Primary and Turn on this line is set on the phone

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Anthony2003 , can you try removing the p-SIM and setting the e-SIM as active, see if that helps.  I assumed you did receive a number transfer verification text to your p-SIM and you confirmed it.  

Anthony2003

more details: i had a physical sim and apple sees my physical sim with my phone number instead of esim. I’m receiving texts to my number but i can’t send through my imessages and have to send in sms. 

Need Help? Let's chat.