cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account access

Anthonyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need urgent help!!! My 77year old mother (77 this past august) had her cell phone stolen a few days ago. My mother had that same phone number for over 30 years. I know it is possible for her to keep the same number but we cannot access her email because it was saved in her phone that was stolen, email and password, that she practically never used. What can I do? I believe in her profile my phone number is an alternate number and vice versa..I even had her as a refered  friend. What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6

BVokey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try calling phone sooner than later while it has charge. If no one answers, then access email by retrieving forgotten password. Disable autopay through credit card/debit. This will tide you over if phone is being used by whomever has it. But your best bet is to buy new phone ASAP and get sim transferred to new account, disabling other phone all together.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm thinking the lost phone feature, order new Sim, activate new sim on existing account in a new phone? 

That sucks to hear though, I'm younger but I love my things, I'll run a phone right into the ground until it's totally obsolete, cuz I take care of my things vs other younger people who have to have the newest and best at all times. I still love my iPod lol. But I know how older people can be about "knowing" their former device too. My mom still misses her old phone 3 years later lol

I hope you can get everything sorted without too much hassle !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@Anthonyn call the phone number and when it goes to voicemail hit * and you will be able to access her account from there. then you can delete her auto-pay

You can't do anything else in voicemail other than voicemail.

The OP could call 18554public from another phone and turn it off that way.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Anthonyn lol thanks "z"

contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anthonyn wrote:

Need urgent help!!! My 77year old mother (77 this past august) had her cell phone stolen a few days ago. My mother had that same phone number for over 30 years. I know it is possible for her to keep the same number but we cannot access her email because it was saved in her phone that was stolen, email and password, that she practically never used. What can I do? I believe in her profile my phone number is an alternate number and vice versa..I even had her as a refered  friend. What can I do?

The email had to have been through a provider. Many providers have webmail.

Then you can use the Forgot your password? link and reset the password.

Then you can suspend the account so that no services are being used for nefarious purposes.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Anthonyn  First call the number to see if anyone answers. They may have found the phone and are willing to return it.

If the phone is on Auto-Pay and you know the PIN you can disable Auto-Pay. Just respond to this thread and I will send you the instructions.

If you don't have access to the email then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help.

Need Help? Let's chat.