cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspension / Deactivation - Confusing System Information? Please help...

Neutrinos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is a brief summary of my situation:

My payment history shows the following 2 transactions.

October 27, 2015 (Auto Pay Automatic Top-Up) for plan $XX.

At this point, I noticed I had a positive $XX balance on my account - enough to cover the next month's billing.  So I turned off AutoPay.  Technically, October 27, 2015 is the last date that the system registers me as having "paid" with a credit card.

November 26, 2015 $XX (Debit) is subtracted automatically, my plan is renewed as expected and I am left with a $0.00 Balance.

December, 2015.  Sometime inside this month, I left the country for an extended hiatus of X months.  I deliberately did not pay for services and my account has gone into suspension.

Today, I logged into my account and was shown the following, expected message:

"Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service."

Strangely, just below that message is some account information:

Plan Expiry Date: Dec 25, 2015
Account Deactivation Date: Jan 25, 2016

The terminology and date is confusing me.

My question:  Is the deactivation date accurate?  Is it based on the last credit card payment on October 27th, 2015, or the amount debited from the positive account balance on November, 26, 2015, or is it truly 91 days from the Plan Expiry Date, on December 25th, 2015?

Is the Account Deactivation Date of Jan 25, 2016 just standard protocol? i.e. Will it update to February 2X, 2016 once my billing cycle starts again?

I absolutely cannot lose this number and plan - but at the same time, I don't like the feeling of paying for services that won't be used in the meantime.  

Can anyone give me a concrete answer as to the approximate date of my account, number and plan deletion?  

Will the deactivation take place on January 25, 2016 as the account info states, or does it take place sometime in late March as per the "Plan Expiry Date" of Dec 25, 2015?

34 REPLIES 34

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Neutrinos,

Having a grandfathered account, as I do, makes no difference. It's treated like a non-grandfathered account.

FYI.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Do you have a 30 or 90 plan to which you're referring?

Martin

Neutrinos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I forgot to mention that I'm on a grandfathered pre-Beta plan from several years ago [talk + intl text (?) + data] that is no longer in the system at the same price point.   I'm not sure if that makes any difference whatsoever - in so far as how Public Mobile handles complete account deactivation. 

Mayor / Maire

Actually, I noticed this 30 day deactivation date on my account during renewal time as well (in the time that my plan had expired).

Maybe @Martin can shed some light on this?

Need Help? Let's chat.