cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

Lookingforadeal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why would it say my account, (and one for my wife), is suspended on May 08, 2023?  We have a credit card set up to pay that is valid through to September 2023...  and have a pending charge for both phones coming through on the card.

6 REPLIES 6

@Lookingforadeal 

It’s far from a perfect system, and has caught all of us by surprise at one time or another.

The mantra around here is as long as services are working, don’t do anything. 

Other than making sure your credit card expiry date is never surpassed, best to just leave self serve alone.

Lookingforadeal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you....  I think you are bang on...  the message is now gone from both my wife an my accounts...  just renewed yesterday/today, (payment put on card yesterday)...

Weird system and first time I went in close to the renewal date...  thanks to all for the support..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lookingforadeal 

The reason for this seemingly erroneous messaging is because it  seems that public mobile's renewal system/processes don't 'communicate' well with its account status system messaging.

For customers seeing this messaging, it's almost as if public mobile presumes auto pay may fail and is telling customers that if it does, their account will go into a suspension state for up to 90 days after which it will become permanently deactivated.

It feels as if they don't have sufficient faith in their own auto pay provisions.

Funny stuff which catches many customers unnecessarily by surprise.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lookingforadeal 

Go to your payment page. Click the refresh round arrow thingy at the bottom right. View your payment history. If you are on the old $$ rewards program do you see your rewards applied to your account balance? Do you also see your 30 DAY PLAN/$10 and your ? DATA AT 3/4G SPEED/$? amounts with today's date? If you don't see those debits yet then renewals are just running late. Once they are applied to your account your account status will update to "Active" and renewals will complete. This can occur as late as noon eastern. As long as you still have service you have nothing to worry about.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lookingforadeal  

Auto pay can fail

To make payment and reactivate plan .. if you know PIN number you can *611 with a voucher and *611  no PIN needed . You can also do this by by calling 18554PUBLIC . otherwise log into self serve make manual payment and reactivate service and or update credit card if necessary

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1675778928408.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

If you  still have service and your plan renews today / tomorrow you can ignore this suspended notice

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lookingforadeal - are your plan(s) renewing today? If so, and you still have services working, just ignore those message on My Account. They will go away once your account fully renews later this afternoon.

If you don't have any services, and it is past your renewal date, then you will need to make a manual payment and reactivate the account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.