cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

Vanguard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Guys:

Logged in to my account, and a message says - Your account has been suspended. 

I am on credit card auto pay.  I purchased a US roaming add on last week.  The add on was $20, I had $6 (autopay) balance in my account, and my credit card had a debit of $15.82.  Now there is a $0 balance in my account.

My current plan is suppose to be good till Feb 1, 2017

Am I suppose to have a positive balance in the account? 

Can I please get some help to fix this problem?  Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

@plachap wrote:

I have $132.00 in my account because I thought paying before the date would have been ok... This is my first renewal ? autopay and I hope I did not screw things up by adding money ahead of time off my credit card ????? Account says suspended 😞

Account suspended messasge has nothing to do with you paying early.  There is a problem with all of Public Mobile's self-serve accounts and early on the renewal day, it will report your plan as expired and account as suspended even if it really isn't.

If your service is working, you are fine.  As for you paying early, autopay will only charge what is needed at the time of plan renewal.  Your account balance will get used first.

plachap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have $132.00 in my account because I thought paying before the date would have been ok... This is my first renewal ? autopay and I hope I did not screw things up by adding money ahead of time off my credit card ????? Account says suspended 😞

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I just love when the community works:)

Vanguard

I also want to thank everyone who had posted a comment or suggested solutions.

And of course PM for solving the issues.

Happy Holidays!

vobo85

Thanks Rockdaddy22 🙂 

Rockdaddy22
Glad everything worked out 🙂

vobo85

Hi Shazia! I rebooted it! All looks good on the account - thank you so much for your response and help 🙂 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @vobo85

I'm truly sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please reboot your phone? I was able to fix everything for you. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K maybe when you get in the morning you could take a look at this.

vobo85

Mary_M please help - I'm having the same problem! I've sent 3 moderators private messages but am worried about not getting a responce before the account is stating it will expire, Jan 1st. I really do not want to lose my number! Please advise!!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Vanguard,

Thank you for reaching out to us !

I'm happy to inform you that everything has already been resolved for 🙂 Don't hesitate to send me a message if you ever have questions!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rayl

@Rockdaddy22 my phone is working, but my account still show suspended.

Rockdaddy22
I can assure you you'll have a response by then

Vanguard

Hi there,

I logged in to my account again tonight, went through the plan and add on.

I went throught the payment history, I cannot tell what could be the problem to have my account suspended.

It has to be something about purchasing the add on (US Roaming -talk / text / data), because this happened after I purchased the add-on on Dec 7.

"This is what is shown when I logged in:

• Plan Expiry Date: Dec 7, 2016
  • Account Deactivation Date: Jan 7, 2017
  • Current Balance: $0.00

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service."

I do not wish to lose my number or service!!!

Besides posting this here (oringinally posted on Dec 11), I also sent a message to the moderator, posted a message on Public Mobile facebook page.

My biggest question is:

HOW WOULD I KNOW PUBLIC MOBILE WILL HAVE THIS PROBLEM RESOLVED BEFORE JANUARY 7?

Am I suppose to just wait for someone (the mod) to contact me to get my account details?

Everything posted here will be read by the mod?

I understand there is a back log and there is a thread out there that says the wait time is 12 days??

What if I don't receive a reply after 12 days? then what?

I hope there is a more sophisticated way to at least let me know the problem is being reviewed and I am in the queue to have the problem resolved.

Will someone please advise......

Rockdaddy22
What's your issue @Rayl

Rayl

we need help, mod not even read and answer any message. 

Vanguard

Thank you Liddite for your suggestion.

I

The "suspended" message seems to be related to USA add-on expiring and has not been affecting the "base" plan.  Though, if the message is still there tomorrow, I suggest you have it corrected by

- posting your issue to PM on Facebook/Twitter, or

- sending tech support the webform found by following the "buttons" in this link, https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help, or

- sending a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be several days before they respond.

If your service does go down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Public Mobile does provide some entertaining features that do not affect service, eh? Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Vanguard

I am back in Canada.

The phone (& data) worked in U.S. and now it is also working fine.

Does your phone still work? Are you in Canada or USA now? Does your account show any Available Funds?

Just thought: there is a possibilty you were not "allowed" to use the rewards at this time; try adding the $6; return to the add-on selection page and "buy" it again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Vanguard

I can't really remember.  But I think I purchase add on first, then it ask me to pay the balance..... which I did paid from my credit card.

Oh, maybe that's why my account was suspened.....

But now it's paid, and there is $0 balance, what do I have to do to "un-suspend" the account?

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Vanguard wrote:

Hi Guys:

Logged in to my account, and a message says - Your account has been suspended. 

I am on credit card auto pay.  I purchased a US roaming add on last week.  The add on was $20, I had $6 (autopay) balance in my account, and my credit card had a debit of $15.82.  Now there is a $0 balance in my account.

My current plan is suppose to be good till Feb 1, 2017

Am I suppose to have a positive balance in the account? 

Can I please get some help to fix this problem?  Thanks!

Did you purchase add-on and pay in a single transaction,

or first added money, and then purchased add-on?

I'm trying to figure out a safe way to add  roaming add-ons  

(Hello Public Mobile, how about already  addressing this issue!)

From what I gathered before, it seems "safer" to deposit money first, and then  to purchase  add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.