cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Setup without Sim Card?

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Strange request I'm guessing. 
I'm waiting to get a SIM card for my wife's phone. Is it possible to begin the account setup while waiting for the SIM card? Just checking!

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the useless update from that team @J_PM . It makes no sense to have something called a flash sale when it's not possible to get a SIM before the flash sale ends other than from a store.

Your marketing department is non-sensical. How much are they being paid?

Update:

I spoke with the team, and we're going to keep the copy as is. However, we advise customers who experience this situation to flag our Customer Support Agent of their experience, and we'll confirm eligibility on a case by case basis. 

Thank you, 

Jade

Koombassi

@hTideGnow 
No, I did not order my SIM card from any supplier. I'm picking one up tomorrow. But, thanks for your thoughts on this topic. 

@Anonymous 

I've taken this question to our promotions team and will update verbiage if applicable.

Thanks!

Jade 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi   are you trying to take advantage of the 2GBBonus?  It is kinda "ongoing" but of course it can be done anytime

Where did you order your SIM?  From PM online?  If so, when you ordered it?   It could be long, 3 weeks for delivery.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi 

You could have done it if you had bought a plan service through Canadian Cell Supplies.

They would've activated the SIM, get the phone number and email all those details for you to set up the account while waiting for the card to arrive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM : Thank you for the bravo but would you be willing to go on the record and state that the company would honour an activation made after the expiration where someone can show that they mail-ordered a SIM during the time of a promo?

And then in future promo's to add that wording.

"This promo will be honoured with post-expiration activations with proof of SIM purchase made during the promo."

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is not possible.  You need the SIM card number in order to setup an account.

Koombassi

@BKNS27 @Thanks for this. I pretty much understood that. Just wondered if there was a workaround that would be completed once I activated the SIM card. From my own recent experience, my account setup was super fast and easy. However, with all the considerable community knowledge out there, I wondered. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi : If you're thinking of the mail-order timing problem then this is the implication of it. @J_PM is aware that she keeps copy/pasting the mail-order option for the promos but she keeps doing it. What we don't know is whether the company would honour the promo activating after the expiration date if someone can show that they mail-ordered the SIM in the time of the promo. I'd like to see an answer along those lines.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

Strange request I'm guessing. 
I'm waiting to get a SIM card for my wife's phone. Is it possible to begin the account setup while waiting for the SIM card? Just checking!

You need to activate the SIM card before you can make a self service account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi 

No you can’t create an account because your need the 19 digit SIM card number to continue the completion of the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.