cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SIM Options

Ryoichi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m currently Fido user and want to switch to Public Mobile. I have SIM card for Fido number and just wondering which option I should select either eSIM or I already have a SIM card. 

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ryoichi 

No the Fido SIM will not work on PM unless the SIM is a PM SIM. You need to download the PM app on your phone then pick the plan you want to port your Fido number over to PM. Currently PM SIM and eSIM are free with need activation. Note that SIM may take from 10 business days to 3 weeks to arrive.

You may want to check if your phone is eSIM compatible. Most new phones 2023/2024 are eSIM compatible.

What is the make and model of your phone?

@Ryoichi wrote:

I’m currently Fido user and want to switch to Public Mobile. I have SIM card for Fido number and just wondering which option I should select either eSIM or I already have a SIM card. 

Fido SIM cards cannot be used at Public Mobile.  You will need a Public Mobile SIM card.  Whether selecting eSIM or a physical SIM card would depend on the capabilities of your device while a Public Mobile physical SIM card would need to be mailed.

Need Help? Let's chat.