cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Issue with MMS Pictures and Region Issues

Moppie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've use public for 3 years and this problem has started happening recently. I managed to fix it because I have a phone that lets me change the APN so I decided to change it and after constantly changing it back and forth it finally stayed on Alberta instead of Quebec because Quebec has YouTube blocked.  My picture messaging works now, but my mom and cousin are having the same issue. But there not tech savvy like me any ways to simple fix it I took the tech savvy route because I am tech savvy but any ways to do it simply 

I use a Ulefone Armor X6 Pro 

My mom uses a Ulefone X13 I don't know if it's pro

My cousin uses a Ulefone Armor X6

Anyone have any ways to fix it simply

8 REPLIES 8

HI @Moppie 

and if MMS still does not work , maybe better to use app to send multimedia, like Whatsapp

Moppie

I just looked up the APN settings and added a new APN setting and put the info in there 

Moppie

My GID type sets to 4D4F is that a big difference 

@Moppie wrote:

Kimovl.ca says it's perfectly suppose to work in Canada type in Ulefone X13 and Ulefone Armor X6 

@Moppie 

yes, the phone itself works, but just little things like this and hence phones not designed to Canadian market might not work perfectly. 

The phone's ROM has some APN info for worldwide provider and it likely does not have the correct APN settings for Public Mobile there. Somehow the phone always get that APN from its rom instead of the one you added yourself.  it is a phone issue and it might or might not work.

Again, your phone should work most the time , but little things there and there.  And since it is not a phone for Canadian market, it might miss couple necessary network bands for PM as well, and hence you might see some connection issue sometimes, in some area

Moppie

Kimovl.ca says it's perfectly suppose to work in Canada type in Ulefone X13 and Ulefone Armor X6 

HI @Moppie 

did you use add new instead of update the old one?

and make sure you save properly (look silly, but some came back and said it didn't save the first time and hence it took time mutliple times to get it working)

Moppie

I did that I had to switch like 5-10 times and my mom and cousin won't remember to do that I want a simple way to fix it

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @Moppie 

they are not a phone designed for Canada and hence it needs manual APN update

You really need something who has experience with Android phone and ask the person to help them to create a new APN profile (create new and not just update the current one) 

You probably have the full APN settings, but here is one just in case:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Need Help? Let's chat.