cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Couple Questions

etsat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, since I'll be getting my SIM soon and joining Public Mobile, I thought I'd confirm a couple of questions I've had.

1. I'm planning on going for Province-Wide talk. From what I understand, I can make outgoing calls from anywhere in Canada to a BC number (since I'm in BC), and when I'm in BC, all incoming calls (from BC, domestic, and international) are free. Is this correct?
  2. For the International Long Distance add-on, is USA included in the countries covered?
  3. For Canada-Wide text, I understand that I can send/receive texts to/from Canadian numbers, and I can't send texts to international numbers. However, can I still receive texts from international numbers?
  4. For anyone who has ordered a SIM shipped by Purolator recently, how long did it take to receive the SIM? Sorry for being impatient, I'm just excited to start using PM.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Moghrabi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there,

I'm new to Public Mobile but have done quite a bit of research on the questions you've asked. Here is my take on them.

1. Yes, you're correct. To give you an example (given your home province is BC):

- If you're in BC, you can make calls to anyone in BC and can receive all calls (international, canada-wide, etc.).

- If you are temporarily in Alberta, then you can call Alberta numbers but not BC numbers. You cannot receive any calls, regardless of their province, while in Alberta unless you have an add-on.

2. I believe so, yes!

3. You're right!

4. I just received my SIM and I also live in BC. I ordered my SIM card on July 11. The SIM card was shipped on July 13. I received it on July 21. My city is Vancouver if that matters.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@etsat FYI @imm1304's response re province-wide talk option is correct.  When you are in BC and connected to a tower in BC, you can make unlimited calls to BC phone numbers, and receive calls from anywhere.  When you step outside of BC (or if you're physically near the Alberta border you could end up connected to a tower in Alberta--this is more an issue in places betwen Ontario and Queuebec such as Hull, but none-the-less) you can make unlimited phone calls to phone numbers in that province, but you will not be able to receive any incoming phone calls, nor to call back to a BC-based phone number.  If you wish to be able to do that from time to time (travel outside of BC and receive calls normally and/or call back to BC or other palces outside of the province you have travelled to), you could add either the $8/200 minutes or $15/400 minutes long-distance add-ons.  The $8 add-on gives you $200 minutes to any number in Canada or the US, while the $15 add-on gives you 400 mins to Canada, the US, and any country on that list referenced above.  Please note that you will not get any signal at all when outside of Canada as PM has no roaming partners currently.  

Hopefully that clears up that question, but let us know if you have any other concerns.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @etsat,

1.  On a Province-wide talk plan, when you are outside BC, you wll be able to make outgoing call to whichever province you happen to be in at that moment.  However, you will not receive incoming calls as soon as you step outside of the BC.  Jut clarifying further to what @TroyDaBes was saying.  

2. Yes

3. Yes

4.  I did not order one via Purolator, but I have been here daily and most people have reported anywhere from 3 to 9 calendar days.   How long has it been since you placed your order?  

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. No, since you are using a province-wide talk. You can only call anyone on your province but if I'm correct you can receive a call from anyone in Canada.

Hmm. I don't know this feature of you can call anywhere in Canada as long as you are calling has the same province number. Can someone clarify? I don't remember reading such thing. 

2. Yes. USA is included. Here's the list of other countries included on it. 

true.jpg

This is also a good alternative as your Canada-wide if you rarely use your call outside your province. It's definitely cheaper than using PM Canada-wide call. 

3. Yes. You should receive any text international but you just wouldn't be able to reply them. 

4. Sorry, no idea. 

Need Help? Let's chat.