cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-eleven speakout

marysepepin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am in British Columbia and I am trying to transfert my 7-eleven speakout wireless mobile phone.  So far I have been charged twice on my credit card and it still does not work.  I get the error code 821.  I entered Rogers for the service provider of Speakout (looked on Wikipedia).  I just read another post where it says that it's Ztar mobile but this post is from more than 2 years ago.

Anyone has transfered a Speakout mobile lately?  

10 REPLIES 10

marysepepin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all but finally Customer Service fixed my problem.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@marysepepin 

Here is a more recent post from December 2021 documenting a successful port-in from 7-11 Speakout Wireless to PM. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Has-anyone-ported-from-SpeakOut-to-PM-rec...

Full credit to @chipmunk 

tl;dr version: Select Ztar as the wireless provider instead of Speakout Wireless AND provide the 4-digit PIN for your Speakout account instead of the IMEI. If you don’t know OR didn’t create a PIN for your account, call Speakout customer service and create one BEFORE you attempt to port your number to PM. 

Good luck. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When I did my research 3 years ago, I called Speakout on how to port out my SO phone number.

1.  I was told to use my SO phone number as the account number

2. I ask what is the IMEI number on my SO account.  I was told that the IMEI number of my phone is using on my SO account because they update the IMEI on my account.  Why I ask SO about my IMEI number?  Members on the community told me that I need to provide as least 3 piece of information: account number, name of account owner, phone number to be port out.  I was told that PM will use the IMEI number also.  Since I use my phone number as the account number.  I also provided my IMEI number.  About 3 years ago, member had to wait minimum of 2 days and up to a week get support.  This is the reason that I provided more info to make sure that I don't have to wait up to a week to get support.

This is my post 3 years ago.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-also-t...

..maybe @popping can try to remember and answer that???)

🙂

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 but Poppig used phone number as account number in his past attempt

Also, I think OP's error 821 is because IMEI was used...

Was it phone number as account number but only that or was a it combination of that and also the IMEI and/or/ PIN?

@computergeek541 but Poppig used phone number as account number in his past attempt

Also, I think OP's error 821 is because IMEI was used...

@softech wrote:

If you want to use account number, try using the phone number

This will lead to another porting failure on the customer's next attempt.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@marysepepin   using Ztar is correct

If you want to use account number, try using the phone number

check this page for more information about porting from Speakout/Ztar

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-also-t...

@walker1 wrote:

@marysepepin   Porting from Speak Out you'll have to use your account number. Unfortunately, choosing Rogers as your old provider doesn't work for porting from Speak Out.

You should get help with that from a Public Mobile CSA, now.

Send a private message to CS_Agent

I think that you probably meant to say to use IMEI.  The account number from Speakout cannot be used.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@marysepepin   Porting from Speak Out you'll have to use your account number. Unfortunately, choosing Rogers as your old provider doesn't work for porting from Speak Out.

You should get help with that from a Public Mobile CSA, now.

Send a private message to CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.