cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need CS help to port number

mabelchan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent 

Please send me the authorization to port a number from 7-11 Speakout to Public Mobile. I missed the 90-minute window by inserting the new PM sim card too early. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mabelchan How long ago did you port out from 7-11?  When I ported out in 2022, 7-11 didn't send out an acknowledgement to port the number, so don't worry about that.  Sounds like they confirmed that when you called them by them releasing the number to PM.  It took my port about 6hrs to complete so if it hasn't been at least that long, I'd just wait.  I posted about my 7-11 port experience here in case it might help.  Success Porting from 7-11 Speakout to PM - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@mabelchan 

You to reply to the text with the 7-11 SIM in your phone to complete the porting. The old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours until porting is done. Then power off your phone and swap the SIM.

mabelchan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I called 7-11 Speakout and was told that the number was released to Public Mobile. Can Public Mobile made my number active?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mabelchan 

7-11  is different, they might not send you the text to approve.  Please call 7-11 helkpdesk and see if they receive the porting request

For PM side You can call Public Mobile porting team to provide the correct Info and get status update.  I will send you the porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox for my message

Need Help? Let's chat.