cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g service?

Momma22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I was wondering if service any higher than 3G was offered like Bell of 5G?

Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Momma22 

Just schedule a change plan on next renewal to the new plan. I'm guessing it may be the student plan for $55/20 GB? Once scheduled even if they pull the limited time offer plan they will still honor and change your current plan to the student plan after the limited time offer expires. Although I suspect this is going to become a regular plan offering.

Momma22

Thank you!  I missed the 4G option in the plans. 

Momma22

Thank you for your informative answer! 😃😃  I have 5G and wasn't understanding why it was so "important" to have. As long as it doesn't affect the phone service and texting and i can still access the internet at a half decent rate then I'm good.  😃  I somehow missed the 4G plans and can get what I have now for $20 less. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Momma22 

5G service is for people with large pocketbooks. It will be very unlikely that you will see 5G service with third tier providers. At the moment 5G is marketing mumbo jumbo really it's meant for business but by convincing regular folk to pay much higher prices for their plan than necessary it will subsidize the deployment cost for business.

Just like how 4G LTE data was throttled to 3 Mbps as a marketing ploy to separate second tier and third tier providers now that they have reintroduced full speed 4G LTE data 5G is now the defining Factor as they begin to throttle 4G LTE data to 100 Mbps or 150 Mbps for second tier providers to differentiate plan offerings in data speeds even though you're just buying the same product.

Do you really need to download a movie to your phone in half of a second? Or send your e transfer around the world three times before you can blink? No not really.... So Public Mobile will have 3G and 4G network and service for a long while and 5G not for a long long while if ever.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Momma22 hi they just started to offer 4g it will be a long time before 5g comes here 😀

NormanWalsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day Momma22,

PM has 4G not 5G check under plans.

tina9099

Only 3G or 4G packages currently offered.

Need Help? Let's chat.