cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 G plan

lunarlunette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 5g plan data and calling in both Canada and US. But I don't know how it works. I'm going to the states soon and I want to know if it switches over automatically or if I have turn on roaming. If I turn on roaming wouldn't I be charged extra? Even though I have calling and data in both the states and Canada. 

4 REPLIES 4

@lunarlunette  You can still use data and texting even if your phone is not PM enabled for VoLTE.  If it turns out that VoLTE doesn't work for voice calls in the USA you could download a free voip app like Fongo which you can use for voice calls on data or wifi.  It would have a different phone number though.

@lunarlunette wrote:

Thank you for the response, however, I don't see samsung a71 on the list. Will it still work? 

According to the whitelist, your cellphone is not on the PM whitelist. That doesn't mean it won't work though...others have reported working on volte in US even though they weren't on the list.

lunarlunette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the response, however, I don't see samsung a71 on the list. Will it still work? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@lunarlunette 

you'll be able to call / text and use data just like you would at home, while connected to either AT&T or T-Mobile in US.. There's no additional roaming fees. Make sure to enable Data Roaming in settings. Make sure to select 4G network...not 5G. For best talkability...make sure you have a cellphone that has volte and is on the PM whitelist of volte enabled phones.

added something to read re: volte...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.