cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G promotion rate for current users

zbhanji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to suggest PM come up with promotional rates for current users to switch from 3G to 4G.

9 REPLIES 9

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They need cheaper, smaller bucket options too... 

If you ask me they shouldn't even cost more, because yes it's faster, but you're not getting more data (regarding 1gb 3g vs 1gb 4g) either way it's 1gb in that example. It's literally just a different connection protocol, and free to provide

Just my unpopular take

@Metal1967 wrote:

@zbhanji  There was such an offer a few months back.. you have to keep looking , deals come and go

There have been no promotional plan prices specific to existing customers in the past few months.  While there was a banner add visible in Self Serve, I have no heard of one instance of anyone receiving a $5 credit. The advertisement may have been an error.

LeePublic

Or possibly offer 10 GB for $45, that would be a insta-switch for me!

Good promo could be 50% off of Canadian add-ons for limited time. So those existing customers visiting PM site will have some benefit and it will not cost PM very little if anything...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@zbhanji 

Most PM promotions are aimed for new customers. 

Last month for back to school. Public mobile did offer 20 GB of LTE data for $55 for all customers. 

Maybe Black Friday or Boxing day will offer similar deals. 

Pawprints1986

So many plans are geared for new users, we'll probably have to wait until we're grandfathered in, or want to pay more. I hope when that comes, we aren't forced to upgrade plans and in fact are grandfathered at our current price point and features with 4g once 3g stops existing... It wouldn't be our fault if they discontinue the infrastructure, so it's really cruel if we end up forced into paying more ! 2025 sounds so far away, but it's also not *that* far away either

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It is a good idea but it happens very, very seldom (read:never).

All promos are geared up toward new customers. Best you can get is bonus minutes/data for Christmas.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

They probably will, @zbhanji 

Let's await the Holiday season up to New Years to see what kind of offering they'll put out there.

Granted, it may likely only be an offering to attract NEW customers.

Metal1967

@zbhanji  There was such an offer a few months back.. you have to keep looking , deals come and go

Need Help? Let's chat.