cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New telus fee for using credit cards for payment

ed_k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Seeing as public mobile is a part of telus (I think?) will public mobile also be adding the fee? Or maybe it is there already?

As of October 17, 2022, TELUS customers with Consumer Mobility and Home Services* will be charged a 1.5% Credit Card Processing Fee (plus tax) if they choose to make a bill payment by credit card. The Credit Card Processing Fee applies to both One Time and Pre-Authorized Credit Card bill payments.

3 REPLIES 3

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

By rights Telus should be reducing amounts due by 1.5%. The processing fee was already factored into amounts due and everyone paid them regardless of method of payment. There is a gas station near me that has, for years, advertised a lower price per litre for cash/debit than for credit transactions. Their gas price for credit reflected what everyone else was charging while the cash/debit is 5 cents per litre less. This is how it should be, not leave prices the same and then add on a processing fee.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ed_k 

I think any purchases with credit cards will invoke the 1.5% fee. it isn't just telecom companies this will be for everything. in the past credit cards were paying for this fee. now they've moved it to the consumer. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ed_k 

No. Public mobile is prepaid and telus has no plans to pass this fee onto pm customers. If they do they would have to give you 30 days notice via text or email and use their magic ball to correctly predict how you choose to prepay for your plan services.

Edit:

The CRTC has not issued a decision yet on telus's application to charge the credit card processing fees so they cannot implement unless approved.

Need Help? Let's chat.