cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive refer a friend bonus

takmah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I helped a friend activate his Sim with  Public mobile on August 29th using my referral code but have not received any texts saying the referral was successful. 

6 REPLIES 6

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
They are supposed to deposit $5 into the referers and referee's accounts automatically on the first friday of the month. This has not been happenening for me.

I wait until the next day and then contact CS_Agent via Community personal messages and they award it manually to my account with a note saying "system issues". Looks like I'll be doing that for the next few months. I ask them to add a note to my account so I don't have to jump through all the hoops with the next CS_Agent.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

For some reason this summer's promotional bonus referral credits promotions have a glitch that affects some customers. To the best of my knowledge they have not figured out why this happens or how to fix it. Evidently from the experience you have shared customer support has resigned to just manually adding the $5 credit monthly when it does not automatically get applied to your account in the first week of each month.

Have you checked in with your referral to see if they have the same glitch with the promotion occurring? If so they will have to contact customer support just as you have.

Below I have supplied the link to my thread and experience with the same glitch that you may want for your reference and pass along the link to any of your referrals having the same problem receiving their $5 credit. This may help them if they meet any resistance or a customer support agent who tells them it will be fixed automatically as this is not the case. It certainly is not acceptable as in the past there have not been glitches with referral credits to the best of my knowledge.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/May-RAF-5-credit-5-5-25/td-p/832714

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I signed up a friend during the August promotion and I did receive a text, did not receive the $5 after 2 weeks into September so I contacted customer service agent they manually awarded the $5 to me and said they would look into why it happened to ensure that I got the rest of the rewards on the first Friday of each month will  see Friday October 7th coming up.

I also signed up another friend during the September $25 refer a friend program I did receive a text saying that I had signed them up, still waiting for the first $5 to be deposited.

Very disappointed in how this program is working.  Had no problems in the refer a friend promotion last December everything went through perfectly.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@takmah 

Log into your rewards account to confirm that you have not received the $1 reward or 1 point. If you are on the old rewards program you should see $1 and the last four digits of your friend's phone number. If you're on the points program you should see one point added on your renewal date. You should have received the Cha-ching text the following day after activation at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. You can also ask your friend if they received the $10 referral bonus credit. It would have been added within 72 hours of his activation.

You will have to ask your friend to contact customer support with your referral code and preferably your phone number so that the CSA can confirm the correct referral code is being added to his account. Once it's added to his account all of the above parameters will fall into place.

Since the activation took place on August 29th that would have qualified both you and your friend for the $25 bonus referral credit promotion. A $5 credit will be added to each of your accounts in the first week of the next 5 months usually on the Friday. There have been glitches with these bonus referral credit promotions whereas some customers have not received the bonus $5.

It seems you are caught up in the similar glitch. Once you know that the referral code has been successfully added make a note to check your account on first Friday of a full week in each month. So if the referral code is added in the next 6 days it should give you the $5 credit next Friday. You should also receive a text informing you that the $5 credit has been added to your account. If by the end of the day you have not received the $5 credit you can contact customer support along with your friend.

The customer support agent may give you a rooster and cow story that the referral code bonus will be added the following month this is very unlikely to happen...... trust me I know because I waited 4 months for mine to be added and finally insisted on the entire $25 credit being added to both my account and my referrals. Insist that you've learned from the community that this is a glitch that is unlikely to be fixed and ask for the full $25 credit to be added to your account and your friend can do the same. If they continue to give you the rooster and cow story report back to your thread here and we will advise you further on how to get the full credit added to your account. Good luck!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you been here since before late January? Since you've probably renewed since Aug 29 you would have got a text listing all the rewards.

I'm not sure it all looks for the new points system.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@takmah ask your friend see the $10 deposit into his/her account as Available Find yet.  If so, you should be OK, too

If not, ask your friend  to open a single ticket for both of you and have PM support to confirm

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.