cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Data is extremely slow.

BruiserSAR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone else noticed that their data is very slow on 4G? I get speed tests around 0.15 MBPS with full 4 bars of 4G. If I see 4G+ or 5G, all is normal. I have tried different phones with my sim and all is the same. Has anyone else noticed this and if so, any ideas on a fix? Unfortunately, where I live, I have 4G 99% of the time and my data is almost unusable. 

4 REPLIES 4

BruiserSAR

Thanks, mine is already exactly this. I have no issues with MMS and SMS. I can always get data, it's just that 4G, which is what I have 99% of the time and it's a very strong signal, is just too slow.

@BruiserSAR 

try this.  Delete the current APN profile first.  Then Add new profile and add according to this, please note case-sensitive and do not add extra spaces.  Remember to save the new APN and then reboot the phone before you try

APN: sp.mb.com
         (or try all upper case SP.MB.COM)
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

BruiserSAR

I have a Oneplus 12R. I have rebooted, reset all networks, tried in another phone, etc... When I leave my area and end up in an area that only has 4G, I get the same slow speeds. If I connect to 4G+ or 5G, all is normal.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

shouldnt be that slow

what phone you have?? try reboot phone.  Try Reset All Networks. Try in another area. And try your sim in an area different from where you are now 

Need Help? Let's chat.