cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 dollar plan

KrisRob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile has a plan for $45 a month that says it includes 65 GB of data in the USA and Canada- does this mean I don’t have to buy a roaming plan if I go down into the Stars and use my data?  And same with phone calls ?

IMG_8861.png

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@KrisRob 

think strategic...how long are you gonna need service in US ? What plan are you currently using ? If you "upgrade' from a cheaper plan to the Can / US plan...you likely won't be able to go back to a cheaper plan easily. If you're only in US occasionally, you might be better off with the 15 Day US talk/text/ 3GB data for $30 ( or talk/text bundle for $15) Those Can / US plans are good to have if you're a snowbird staying there for several weeks in winter.

ALSO...for best talk experience...make sure you have a volte enabled cellphone that's on the PM whitelist of volte enabled phones. Without volte...you likely won't have talk while in US as they've shut down the 3G and 2G networks.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s a true snow bird plan that has roaming built into the plan itself . You can use it in both countries to call to and from talk text and data . Just remember when in the US to have data roaming turned on in phone settings . Also set your network to 4G/LTE not 5G and make sure your connected to T mobile or AT&T some have also confirmed that Verizon works in some places so just be sure to try all 3 and use what works best for you.

@KrisRob wrote:

Public mobile has a plan for $45 a month that says it includes 65 GB of data in the USA and Canada- does this mean I don’t have to buy a roaming plan if I go down into the Stars and use my data?  And same with phone calls ?

IMG_8861.png

You won't need to purchase a roaming add-on.  US Roaming service is already included in the above plan.  Call, text messaging, and data services are all available while using it in either Canada or the US.

@KrisRob 

yes, Canada-US plan comes with FREE US roaming service, voice/text/data all included.  So, basically you can use the service in US just like home.  All you need to do is to connect to T-Mobile/AT&T/Verizon and make sure mobile roaming data is turned on

Need Help? Let's chat.