cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 with 6GB data?

Thanhvx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I wonder will we move towards 6GB for $40 plan soon? Others are offering the same so if Public Mobile doesn’t match then people will switch. 

For example, Fido $40 - 6GB; PC Mobile $40 - 6GB (on 4G network). 

thanks

21 REPLIES 21

@Thanhvx

Tell your friends to keep a sharp eye on their bill from fido. They are notorious for extra billing, overages and erroneous charges. You couldn't pay me to switch to fido. Bad dog! Very bad dog!

Thanhvx

Some of my friends followed me to PM and now they are leaving to Fido because of this. Not to say Fido is 4G. 

While one might think that with 2GB bonus I will never need to switch plans, next they are going on a two month trip out of country and want to switch down to the $15 plan for a couple of months. Maybe suspending would be the better choice in that case but it is easy to inadvertently forget about the 2GB bonus rules. 

if you are having a difficult time getting by on the amount of data you currently have the bonus is a consideration. With no loyalty or referral rewards and no serious attachment to your number then go for it. But this promo IS an enticement to new customers, not a reward for loyalty so PM shouldn’t be criticized for not just giving it to everyone IMHO.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Changing plans does remove the 2gb bonus.

OR…

Just sit tight, if this offer does stay around and presumably it is in response to another providers offer, the trend IS towards more data for the same price… the $50 plan was recently numbered by 2 GB. So I think rather than losing sleep over getting every little bit you can, if you are alright for now hang in there and there may be a bump to the included data in other plans before too much longer. 

I haven't looked at the 2GB offer t see if changing plans removes the bonus but that is how it worked in the past. So you go to a bunch of effort now to get the bonus then 6 months from now you want to change plans for some reason and you lose the bonus. Life is too short.

AE_Collector

@Thanhvx wrote:

So I understand that PM encouraging people leave and come back?!

So loyalty has disadvantages. 

Unfortunately with easy porting these days, yes, this is the trick... many people are doing this

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thanhvx very few providers that I know of  give existing customers better deals/ plans. They are usually just incintives to attract new customers.

Thanhvx

So I understand that PM encouraging people leave and come back?!

So loyalty has disadvantages. 

@softech wrote:

@Thanhvx 

No, sorry.. the bonus is for new activation only and expiring Jun 30.

Public Mobile has stated that this offer does not have a set expiry date.

@Thanhvx wrote:

im current PM subscriber. So is there anyway I can apply the 2GBBONUS promo code?

I don’t want to change my number of leave PM and come back again. 

Sorry, but this promotion is only for newly activated accounts activated online on a plan of $35 or higher within the terms of the promotion.

@Thanhvx 

No, sorry.. the bonus is for new activation only and expiring Jun 30.

As you mentioned , the only way is to port the number out and port it back in to a new account

Thanhvx

Hi,

im current PM subscriber. So is there anyway I can apply the 2GBBONUS promo code?

I don’t want to change my number of leave PM and come back again. 

thank you

@cavemantoronto 

Lol....higher data speeds are YMMV at pm. My latest speedtest before renewal.

Screenshot_20210625-171324_Chrome.jpg

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Thanhvx wrote:

Hello,

I wonder will we move towards 6GB for $40 plan soon? Others are offering the same so if Public Mobile doesn’t match then people will switch. 

For example, Fido $40 - 6GB; PC Mobile $40 - 6GB (on 4G network). 

thanks

The 7GB for $40 for new customers is still available but it's slower data. You won't get fast LTE speed. It's only 3Mbps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

yeah friend i do check it out 

promo 2GB used online only. i fix it 

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you can used online or in Store,

@Thanhvx : According to the fine print, this is for online activations only.

@Thanhvx 

I can get the 5GB plan for $18 with Public Mobile. You may have neglected to factor in the Public Mobile rewards program when comparing monthly cost.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

your welcome to public mobile

For example, Fido service for the data when is it end is not stop and you never know how much the will charges apply to your account just to you know.

For example, public mobile service for the data when is it end just stop the data working until renewal cycle , no charges extra.

Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB you know, plus you can add Refer A Friend code to you will receive a one-time BONUS $10 credit.

put it the email for it and the same email when the do a new activate, HERE 

last day 30th of June for the bonus for 2GB.

and you can use both code

you can used online only.

Set Up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!
add Refer A Friend code your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10.

for each account your Refer, and you will earn $1 every 30 days for each account,

Good Luck 

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Thanhvx  honest, not sure.. 

PM usually follow the plans offered by Lucky or Chatr as they are PM direct competitors.  

.. but saying that.. if you are new activation, or willing to get a new number to reactivate again, PM is running 2GB Bonus  (monthly bonus) now for plan $35 and over.. so $40 will get 7GB ..  I think the expiry is June 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thanhvx : Well...you can get 7gb for $40, or 12.5 for $50, or 17.5 for $70 until June 30 using a promo code.

Need Help? Let's chat.