cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 for 15 GB plan, what's the catch?

johnnycake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I switch to this plan, I understand I will keep my rewards. So what does it mean when they say you will not keep any of your current "promotions" if you switch? Is the plan permanent, meaning it will stay at 15 GB forever? Not sure why I see the 5 GB and 15 GB plans both available for $40.

8 REPLIES 8

@MajorTalent wrote:

I just realized that my plan renewed today without the giving me one of the new promo plans I signed up for. Could be a sign... Maybe it's best I ask before trying again: would this promo that could be lost include the free LD minutes and bonus data they sometimes offer right around this time of year?

Add-ons are affected by plan changes.

MajorTalent
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just realized that my plan renewed today without the giving me one of the new promo plans I signed up for. Could be a sign... Maybe it's best I ask before trying again: would this promo that could be lost include the free LD minutes and bonus data they sometimes offer right around this time of year?

johnnycake

Thanks all, I appreciate the help.

It's the activation promos that would be at risk. If you got those once upon a time then they're long gone by now unless you snagged one of those forever promos. The ones at risk would be in a box underneath Shop Add-ons. Make sure to click on any little spinner refresh icons to be sure you don't see that box.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@johnnycake...

if your current plan includes some promotional bonus data, you'll lose that when you change to any new plan. Otherwise, there's no risk.

When you migrate to that new plan, that will be your plan going forward. BUT...PM reserves the right to increase price as they have in the past with the $10 plan being increased to $13.

added...

don't ever voluntarily opt out of Rewards in favour of Points. Points SUCK !

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@johnnycake 

So you have nothing to worry about losing then.

All your current rewards are attached to your account and not the plan you have.

So don't worry about switching. You won't lose any of those credits.

johnnycake

I don't have any other promotions that I'm aware of, just my $8/mo loyalty, autopay and referral rewards. I would be loath to lose those credits.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@johnnycake 

Yes, that 15 GB is permanent until you decide to switch plans again, in the future.

That other warning is telling you that if you currently have some other type of promo that you might lose them with the switch to the $40 plan with 15 GB data.

Yes, there's two $40 plans, so just make sure that you chose the right one that you want.  The 15 GB one is the best deal.

Need Help? Let's chat.