cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No justifications needed, PM just being a **bleep** again

peosteve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You think all these people just happened to get this text?  It's not a scam - the Koodo page for transferring there is up and active.

@lulungyan one major issue with your assumptions; most of us (you included) will lose lots of referals now

You are better to only count loyalty and prepay discounts

CalvinW

Time to go back to Freedom

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lulungyanwrote:

Here's a spreadsheet I made for comparison of plans: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uWUXri6XRm5M19-zJcsXR8Vy6iJidg8CY-9HSdfFlnw/edit?usp=sharing.

Hope it helps.

Issue is that very few people roam, or would need to.  So it makes the comparision invalid, for the most part.  $40 doesn't equal $58 for the vast majority. 

Curious how it is that PM was $13 cheaper?  Is this roaming in the USA?

jaswest2754

Its real unfourchantly.

Nomad

Did we get a confirmation that this is real? I recall getting a similar Text a few years ago when I was with Wind Mobile, and nothing came of it. Pure scam.

Just last month I referred a family member to Public Mobile proclaiming how great it was. This is a pretty crazy way to crash burn goodwill. As others said, my understanding was that we'll be able to keep this promotional plan with NO SURPRISES. Most definitely will file the complaint! Only takes a few minutes. Out of sheer principle, I will not stick around if they increase the price.  

coreyman2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What the why get me to switch over from Freedome then increase my plan this is bull crap. This is borderline scamming. 

What can i do ? or is this a fake message?

@jeffster1970 usually $25 yes

But Koodo has double promo on (so now is $50 for you and $50 for them)

@jeffster1970wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Before you guys all jump on the bandwagon, get someone already ported to Koodo to refer you

That way you get the Public $100 migration credit + the Koodo $50 refer credit

Just sayin

Thanks! I will certainly take referrals! 

Unsure how it's done, but I think it's $25 for both customers??

smp99

So far, poeple I know on the 12GB 3G plan for $135 have not received anything, and I wouldn't think they would. 

So that is still an option

Teedo

Complaint filed!

Extremely disappointed in PM for doing this against what our contract explicitly stated and for such a jump... ridiculous.

PBForMe

This is absolutely outrageous, I've never experienced a one time 25% increase in my bills after one year in my life. 

Sergey

the death of PM. Telus decided to kill it.

You're right

smp99

$50 koodo referals for each party until Mar 1st. Then it typically goes back to $25 ea.

I don't know if it would work here

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

same here

and what are the conditions?

what is the justification for the increase?

starting to play games like the big 3

Smiley Mad

ChopstickHero

I submitted a complaint to the CCTS at https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/. And submitted a screenshot of the terms that PM provided during the promotion.

I'm sad PM is doing this and turning away good customers who have built a community and following.

MVP

Got this text too 😞

Sad news, but oh-well, PM was unbelievably good while it lasted.

I guess it is the death of PM. Telus decided to kill it.

Not sure about Koodo offer yet. This, or going Internet-only-all-the-way?

Luckyly have a couple of Fido data only plans in the backup 😉  

jeffster1970

@kav2001cwrote:

Before you guys all jump on the bandwagon, get someone already ported to Koodo to refer you

That way you get the Public $100 migration credit + the Koodo $50 refer credit

Just sayin

Thanks! I will certainly take referrals! 

Unsure how it's done, but I think it's $25 for both customers??

Wolfcore

@smp99wrote:

need to determine if we can use the Koodo referal with this move. That would help a bit - we are a group of 7

In my opinion, nobody should jump the gun here, you still have a month for transfer over to koodo. A lot can happen in a month, just saying. Don't give them what they want.

JackL

@Happydude666wrote:

This is complete BS. One of the primary reasons I signed up with PM is due to their promise that prices will never change. That was part of their own terms, on their own website.

I have submitted a complaint with CCTS incuding a screenshot of the terms and a screenshot of the text message. 

I highly recommend everyone to submit a complaint as well.

public terms.png

Glad someone took down a screenshot when signing up...

Again, this proves that Telus and its sister brands are untrustworthy.

I will not consider anything from Telus again if PM not willing to keep what they have promised for.

Complain submitted to CCTS, count me in for this battle.

smp99

need to determine if we can use the Koodo referal with this move. That would help a bit - we are a group of 7

Benybkim

Hello Public Mobile,

I'd like to start a conversation about the notice that was sent to me re: $30 increase for 3 month for Unlimited Ontario wide calling, unlimited international texting, 12GB data plan. My plan was just renewed for another 3 months and the proposed Koodo promotional plan is only valid until March 15th. Can you keep your promise andcontinue the $120 plan for 90 days which you promised that it will remain the same long as we don't switch plans. Alternatively, would you extend the Koodo promotional plan until the end of my pre-paid period, cancel credit check, and respect the auto-pay savings and loyalty savings? 

I will wait to hear back before submitting an official complaint to CCTS. 

Thanks

For the others who are in a similar situation post here and ask the same thing then you can file a complaint here. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

ute1978

@lulungyanwrote:

Here's a spreadsheet I made for comparison of plans: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uWUXri6XRm5M19-zJcsXR8Vy6iJidg8CY-9HSdfFlnw/edit?usp=sharing.

Hope it helps.

You should protect it or let us just view it, not edit it. I see at least 50 people medling there.

mike390

Ive updated the OP to include this form on the Government website:

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GH%C3%89T-7TDNA5

wendyr

So according to this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

I was due for no surprises. I got the text, much to my surprise. All I want is to stay on the plan I have. PM, if you can't reply and honour this, then I'm filing a complaint with CCTS and leaving the Telus family all together.

You guys were supposed to be better.

TanjoTanski

Bravo Telus...

• roaming plans to the US are worse (and more expensive) with koodo
  • no loyalty and referral bonuses with koodo
  • anyone who doesn't leave PM will probably have their costs increase too as their referrals leave
  • this $100 credit is a sham if you're not crediting the amount we've already paid for the current 90 day period.  Perfectly timed for maximum benefit to Telus.  

I will be looking desperately to avoid anything in the Telus brand if I can.  

ryancology

@Moderator_Team What a bunch of bs, why would you post this in the offer thread then raise the price not $1-$2 but  25% less than 2 years later. Ridiculous, why would I transfer and trust your sister brands? I think this decision should be reverted to match what you offered, otherwise there is no trust with your marketing team and I can't do business with you.

@publicmobile wrote:
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

wendyr

So according to this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

I was due for no surprises. I got the text, much to my surprise. All I want is to stay on the plan I have. PM, if you can't reply and honour this, then I'm filing a complaint with CCTS and leaving the Telus family all together.

You guys were supposed to be better.

lulungyan

Hope it helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.