cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3GB Data Bonus from Bell - Over?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I gather the 3GB bonus deal when porting in from Bell/Virgin/Lucky has quickly is over as it been removed.

If so, this is the same order of events that occurred during a similar promo 2 years ago when Freedom was the target. One day there, next day gone, no announcement of it ending. The Freedom promo also only lasted a few days. There must be some behind the scenes calls/threats happending for it to get pulled like this. 

10 REPLIES 10

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@smp99, what are you talking about behind the scenes calls/threats?  When they put out that deal, it was explicitly stated that this offer is subject to change without notice.  They did not put an expiry on the deal and so it could be pulled anytime.  I would say bin it under you snooze you lose. 

Sure, I get the legal wording. But more often than not, PM will announce a promo end date with at least a couple of days notice. Twice now for promos that have to do with porting from specific competitors, they have pulled the deal without notice.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jim168825 wrote:

@duffer900 coming from virgin, was hoping to sacrifice potential loss of speed for a few extra gigs. But looks like I'll be staying with virgin for a bit longer.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's a shame that it was stopped so quickly.

Keep an eye out, as others have mentioned, they keep coming out with promos all the time.

And now you are armed with the SIM to act instantly! 🙂

@jim168825 wrote:

So if I bought a Sim card hoping to get this deal and it still hasn't arrived what then? I'm stuck with a useless card until who know when something else comes up? 

General speaking in back to school season or Christmas season, etc PM may have good deals. But cross fingers, who knows. Good Luck!

jim168825
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@duffer900 coming from virgin, was hoping to sacrifice potential loss of speed for a few extra gigs. But looks like I'll be staying with virgin for a bit longer.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jim168825 wrote:

So if I bought a Sim card hoping to get this deal and it still hasn't arrived what then? I'm stuck with a useless card until who know when something else comes up? 

It didnt't seem to be a very long promo... The "limited time offer" they stated seems to have been true. 

If you are coming from Bell proper though, I think you will see that the regualr deals they have at PM are quite a bit less than you are used to paying... 

jaclynm

I am in the same boat. I ordered my SIM card when the deal was advertised but now that it arrived, the deal is gone :S

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@jim168825 wrote:

@jim168825  Maybe not for this deal but you will be in a great position to take advantage of the next deal that pops up. Smiley Happy

jim168825

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@smp99, what are you talking about behind the scenes calls/threats?  When they put out that deal, it was explicitly stated that this offer is subject to change without notice.  They did not put an expiry on the deal and so it could be pulled anytime.  I would say bin it under you snooze you lose. 

Need Help? Let's chat.