cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G to 4G

danarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently moved to the 4G but have noticed my iphone still shows 3G. I'm definitely not very technical but is there something I should be doing to my phone to make the switch?

10 REPLIES 10

danarose

Thank you. I'll try.

Maybe LTE is having trouble there and the phone is connecting to 3G. Where are you seeing it say 3G? Do you many bars of reception?

@danarose wrote:

I switched in December. I just noticed today that it was set to LTE but 3G is listed under this. I'm in Prince Edward Island. Summerside.

@danarose   So, it was working well with LTE before? or you just not sure if it ever work on LTE?

again, it could be just local network problem today with the LTE.  Even you are on 3G speed plan, phone usually using the LTE network just at reduced speed.  So, it has nothing to do with the speed plan you have, you should usually connected to the LTE/4G network regardless of your plan

So, try your phone again in different part of the city today.  If you are staying home, then try to reboot the phone throughout the day  and see if LTE comes back

@danarose  LTE That’s where you want it set and as @softech  mentioned it can take up to 48 hours to notice difference in speed also note when calling it will use 3G also and this is normal 

danarose

I switched in December. I just noticed today that it was set to LTE but 3G is listed under this. I'm in Prince Edward Island. Summerside.

@danarose 

How long you have switched to 4G speed plan?  It takes 48 hours for the new speed to come

Also which city and province you are all?  

Try and check at different part of the city, it could be local network issue

and remember to reboot your phone once more time, and make sure Carrier Profile is updated

add:

@danarose wrote:

LTE is checked. Under that it says 3G but it's not checked. Is that ok?

this setting is perfect!!

danarose

It's set to LTE. 

danarose

LTE is checked. Under that it says 3G but it's not checked. Is that ok?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@danarose  Is you phones cellular data set to 4G /LTE 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@danarose   likely your network setting is still set to 3G

Please do this on your iPhone:

1. Open “Settings.”
  2. Tap “Cellular.”
  3. Choose “Cellular Data Options.”
  4. Pick “Voice & Data.”