cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G to 4G Plan

Mir3046
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed my plan from 3G to 4G in December 2022 and it hasn't changed why is this?

20 REPLIES 20

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think that you may notice a speed improvement if you go to your phone setting --> cellular data options ---> enable 3G.  Yes that would disable LTE( that is throttled down)  but for some reason the download speed will improve. 

Tsawwassen

For day to day use that includes occasionally  using GPS maps, I can't notice any difference between 3G and 4G. Perhaps a difference would be noticed when streaming movies but then it would eat up data.

yackinlyn

thanks, 3 is not fast lol, but pay only 15

@yackinlyn   the 3G plan you got is just 3G SPEED plan.  We all can use the 4G LTE network, just a matter of the speed

with 3G SPEED plan like the $15 plan, you still access 4G/LTE network but with a capped speed at 3Mpbs

and for voice, whether you are on 3G speed or 4G speed plan, everyone is using 3G network for voice.  But we don't need to care about this, as the phone would automatically drops down to 3G when calls are made

yackinlyn

I only use $15 plan which is 3g,but when I turned on data, the top says LTE 🙂

Mir3046

It's been way more than 48 hours it's been over a month.

Mir3046

Thanks everyone. I had LTE before I changed my plan so I thought it should show LTE/4G or 4G?? Anyway!

@Mir3046 @LTE is what you want 

You'd want LTE/4G, @Mir3046 

Remember, it may take up to 48 hours for the 4G data to be realized.

@Mir3046 add to @computergeek541 comment,  try your phone at different places and see if you got the new speed

Also, if the phone shows LTE, then it is good, LTE=4G

You might want to download some speed test app to confirm the speed is at 4G/LTE speed

Try this one: https://www.speedtest.net/apps

(Be aware that as many as couple hundred Mb of data will be used for EACH run of the speed test.)

Mir3046

Mt only options are LTE or 3G?? If I'm looking in the right place??

@Mir3046 

The same networks are used both for 3g and 4g plans. Please check your device's network type selection setting.

Mir3046

The correct plan is showing and I paid for the new plan but my phone is only showing 3G not 4G.

@Mir3046 

Please post a screenshot of your plan details for us (ensuring any private info is masked) after tapping the refresher icon on the landing page.

Also, if you check your payment card, how much was withdrawn from it for the most recent renewal -- the old plan value or the changed plan value?

When you processed the plan change, do you recall if you scheduled it for your next renewal?

If you change from a 3G plan to a 4G plan, you may have to wait 48 hours for the 4G service to become available after your renewal. You may also have to reset your network connections or manually set it to LTE if it may be set to 3G currently.

@Mir3046   try one more thing

Login My Account Using Incognito mode and you should see the correct plan showing there

to get to Incognito mode, click on the 3 dots on top right, select New Incognio or New Private window.

@Mir3046 @Your welcome , hope you get it sorted out quickly 

Mir3046

Thanks

@Mir3046 @You may have to reach out to support to get it fixed 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Mir3046

Nope still not working. They don't mind taking the money but don't update the plan...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mir3046 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or simply try refreshing the page on the yellow circle while signed in to public mobile

Handy1_0-1673617177822.jpeg

Refresh page.                                ^^^    

Need Help? Let's chat.