cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Service in the US with AT&T

lfaber
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I understand that AT&T will be shutting down their 3G service @ February 2022. Does anyone know how this will affect Public Mobile's US 3G Roaming plans?

6 REPLIES 6

@Triguy wrote:

I think with their partnership agreement with AT&T that roaming will continue but change to 4G.

But what happens to voice? It apparently only works on 3G not 4G so does this mean that AT&T has fully converted to VoLTE for voice and if so no PM customers are going to be talking on their phones on AT&T in the US.

But the other roaming partner is T Mobile I think so maybe they will still have 3G for awhile? This may cause noticing problems for roaming with PM in some areas where AT&T provided the best coverage.

Anything I am saying here that isn’t correct?

AE_Collector

lfaber

I agree with you 😀

@lfaber 

No formal announcement from Public mobile.  

From my understanding, when you are roaming in the USA, your data speeds are not capped at 3G for Public mobile customers.  The data speed should be LTE anyways.  Did a quick search on the forum and this was confirmed by other customers, but not by PM officially.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@lfaber wrote:

I understand that AT&T will be shutting down their 3G service @ February 2022. Does anyone know how this will affect Public Mobile's US 3G Roaming plans?

@lfaber 

There is no announcement yet from PM on that matter.

But if they want to continue to offer US roaming service, they have no choice but change to LTE/4G

lfaber

Thanks @Triguy.

I'm hoping the someone from PM will give a definitive answer as I will be in the US when the change is scheduled to take place. 

🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think with their partnership agreement with AT&T that roaming will continue but change to 4G.

Need Help? Let's chat.