cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34$ flash sale for existing customers on old public rewards program

Ohnewone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I want to switch to the 34$ 90 day 20gb 4g plan but wondering how do I keep my existing grandfathered reward program. Can I just make the switch upon renewal and the old rewards will continue or do I need to submit a ticket?

Context: I was part of the fall 120 plan from way back when but this deal looks to good to pass. 

13 REPLIES 13

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Promotional items that appear under "My Promotions" are YMMV when changing plans depending on the promotion. The general rule of thumb that still applies are bonus data add ons stay (until completely consumed) and bonus monthly plan data or monthly $$ plan discounts will disappear when changing plans. Mystery suspension promos tend to reappear or replenish but they are a mystery so you never really know what up with them?🤔🎁😃🐈

@Ohnewone 

FYI...

Ha. My bad. I was trying to watch the Bombers game at the same time. LOL. 

@Chalupa_Batman- lol I think htidegnow about nailed it. 🙂

To add to this image you showed with highlighted yellow...   the way I interpreted it was the word "promotion". The rewards is not a promotion. It's part of the program. A promotion to me is like...  if you were on this plan you want to change to which is a promotion, say you were on this promotion and changed to a different plan... you'd lose THIS promotion to take something else. Make sense?

@Ohnewone wrote:

You both are the best thank you for the super quick response and solving this @dust2dust  and @hTideGnow will be making the switch now 😁

Hi @Ohnewone 

make sure you use "Change on Renewal" to schedule the change.  Do not use "Change Now", you don't want to waste your current cycle

Ohnewone

You both are the best thank you for the super quick response and solving this @dust2dust  and @hTideGnow will be making the switch now 😁

@Ohnewone wrote:

Screenshot_20230909-181616.png

 ok so even with this confusing verbiage it should stay the same thank you so much @dust2dust 

HI @Ohnewone 

the line about "current promotion" is only about those with activation bonus.  Check your My Account, if there is a section My Promotion, then those found under there will be gone.  But i think  you don't have that section at all since you are on an old plan

hi @Ohnewone 

your paid add-on and bonus add-on will be unaffected and will stay on your account

No, the freebies over all the years will stay too. By the way, your rewards will pay in times 3.

Ohnewone

One other question @dust2dust  and @hTideGnow  would my grandfathered add ons be affected with this switch?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ohnewone 

you are safe on the grandfathered rewards program Changing plan won't have any effect.  So, you will still be on the same legacy rewards and earn the same

Enjoy your new plan

Ohnewone

Screenshot_20230909-181616.png

 ok so even with this confusing verbiage it should stay the same thank you so much @dust2dust 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No rewards will be harmed in the changing of your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.